University Of Louisville Cheer

Discussion in 'Cheer Newbies' started by Kaitlyn.cheer, Jan 9, 2017.

1. Kaitlyn.cheer

Kaitlyn.cheer I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I know this would better fit in the colligate cheer section but im new (plan on reposting later)
    Does anyone know any information on what skills are needed for UofL all girl team? I have registered for their college prep clinic so hopefully that will help a bit, and I've looks at videos, but just curious if anyone knows of the requirements

2. Kentucky Girl

Kentucky Girl I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Fan
    Like their large coed team, Louisville's all-girl team has dominated the NCA College Nationals for many years now. As a rule, the coaches will look for very talented cheerleaders. Anyway, please check out Louisville cheerleading's website: http://www.gocards.com/sports/2015/3/26/GEN_20140101181.aspx You can also email Louisville's spirit coordinator Todd Sharp as well for any questions. Hope this helps!

3. WinstonsGirl

WinstonsGirl I'm an announcer on CBS for Worlds (or should be)

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach / Athlete
    This is from 2012, but the current website also says to direct questions ti the coaches.

We will be looking at the following skills:

Rewind
    Heel stretch and/or scorpion double down
    Standing Tumbling
    Running Tumbling
    Cheer/Chant
    Collegiate Image/Appearance
    GPA/Grades/Enrollment and Acceptance Status

I'd assume jump to tuck and running fulls are almost expected (on a dead floor), unless you have some crazy special stunting skills they are in need of. But that's just a guess from me.