All-Star Update- It Ended Happily Ever After --

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

ummm I chose to buy it myself. It is not a requirement, but thanks for the judgement LOL

And although our ordering experiences were QUITE different, I also choose to order it. Not only is it not a requirement per the gym, until a few years ago there was a 'no hair piece' rule in place. My daughter dives competitively for her school (it is awesome cross training for cheer by the way) and has straight as a pin blonde hair. Between the chlorine, the need to blow dry after the pool so not waking around in winter with a wet head and the constant ponies, even without the teasing and curling, there is damage. SHE is the one who loves the tease.

Trust me, would I be happy with a slicked back pony? You bet and we had them for a few years. It was the athlete's that requested the change - including my daughter.

And although our ordering experiences were QUITE different, I also choose to order it. Not only is it not a requirement per the gym, until a few years ago there was a 'no hair piece' rule in place. My daughter dives competitively for her school (it is awesome cross training for cheer by the way) and has straight as a pin blonde hair. Between the chlorine, the need to blow dry after the pool so not waking around in winter with a wet head and the constant ponies, even without the teasing and curling, there is damage. SHE is the one who loves the tease.

Trust me, would I be happy with a slicked back pony? You bet and we had them for a few years. It was the athlete's that requested the change - including my daughter.

I have chronic lyme diease and arthritis along with severe back issues. Somedays it takes me a couple of hours to unfurl in the morning. I have permanent damage in my hands and I can't make a fist with one of them, infact my ROM of my middle finger s so bad that I can't bend the upper part. My body is constantly giving the finger LOL .I got the hair piece to help ME get my child ready and the lessen the stress of the comp on my body with hopes of me making thru the weekends.

I have chronic lyme diease and arthritis along with severe back issues. Somedays it takes me a couple of hours to unfurl in the morning. I have permanent damage in my hands and I can't make a fist with one of them, infact my ROM of my middle finger s so bad that I can't bend the upper part. My body is constantly giving the finger LOL .I got the hair piece to help ME get my child ready and the lessen the stress of the comp on my body with hopes of me making thru the weekends.
I bet you that middle finger comes in handy sometimes lol.

new update- the owner sent me a pm after I tweeted and tried to make agesture. I guess it is one of the only things that she could offer at this point, but it is ironic that the solution offered involves sending it back to her (at the end of the season) , cleaning it up and then going through the shipping ordeal again waiting for it to come back.

Imo. it is oo little - too late. The claim against the company shall remain.I waited too long for it. I am shipping it back to them when and if it arrive.

new update- the owner sent me a pm after I tweeted and tried to make agesture. I guess it is one of the only things that she could offer at this point, but it is ironic that the solution offered involves sending it back to her (at the end of the season) , cleaning it up and then going through the shipping ordeal again waiting for it to come back.

Imo. it is oo little - too late. The claim against the company shall remain.I waited too long for it. I am shipping it back to them when and if it arrive.

I don't blame you. Although I am really happy with my purchase, when asked by others who have seen pictures about ordering I give them your story in addition to mine as kind of a buyer beware....hopefully yours was the UNACCEPTABLE but unusual experience, I can't imagine them staying in business long if your experience was the norm.

ummm I chose to buy it myself. It is not a requirement, but thanks for the judgement LOL

I am truly sorry if you took my comment personally, it was meant as a culture in general. Talent is always enough for guys in sports. No one starts cutting away fabric at their uniforms, no specialized cups needed, no teasing their hair bigger, or suggesting tans, lashes, expensive make ups to match, etc, etc. It's expensive. I'm sorry about your Lyme disease, it's horrible, but it only makes me want a neat fast pony tail for you even more.

I hope you get your hair soon.

Don't worry. In a few more years she will be doing her own hair and makeup. In the meantime, have you looked into asking an older cheerleader to do it for her? I did that a few times when mine was younger because unlike you, I have no medical excuse; I am just awful when it comes to stuff like that (ask her about the one time I tried to do a pouf for her, I dare you).

Sorry you had to deal with all this nonsense and right before kickoff too. See you Sunday!

What time does she have to be there? Come over my house on the way down and I will do her hair

Don't worry. In a few more years she will be doing her own hair and makeup. In the meantime, have you looked into asking an older cheerleader to do it for her? I did that a few times when mine was younger because unlike you, I have no medical excuse; I am just awful when it comes to stuff like that (ask her about the one time I tried to do a pouf for her, I dare you).

Sorry you had to deal with all this nonsense and right before kickoff too. See you Sunday!

Luckily the day that it was the absolute worst, we were traveling with friends who helped. Some days, I am ok but as it gets colder, I feel it :)

I am truly sorry if you took my comment personally, it was meant as a culture in general. Talent is always enough for guys in sports. No one starts cutting away fabric at their uniforms, no specialized cups needed, no teasing their hair bigger, or suggesting tans, lashes, expensive make ups to match, etc, etc. It's expensive. I'm sorry about your Lyme disease, it's horrible, but it only makes me want a neat fast pony tail for you even more.

I hope you get your hair soon.

don;t worry about it. I tend to be more of a smartarse about things like this than being one who gets upset.

We went with a pony to save my CPs hair. She has done her own since she was 11 so that wasn’t the issue. Simply put the continuous teasing and curling is awful for their hair. My CP loves that all she does is put it in a bun. After she is done her hair is down and back to normal in less than 5 minutes.

We went with Pin-Up Ponies and had a great experience. This will be her hair’s second season so it’s been worth every penny. I hope you get yours soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We went with a pony to save my CPs hair. She has done her own since she was 11 so that wasn’t the issue. Simply put the continuous teasing and curling is awful for their hair. My CP loves that all she does is put it in a bun. After she is done her hair is down and back to normal in less than 5 minutes.

We went with Pin-Up Ponies and had a great experience. This will be her hair’s second season so it’s been worth every penny. I hope you get yours soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I guess mine has just been lucky. Our last year in all star and aside from “cheer curls” way back in the day she’s never worn a hair piece or ruined her hair from teasing and curling. She’s only had to tease for the past 3-4 years though. Plus she has so much hair that putting it up in a bun with a big teased pony would probably result in a F5 Worlds type situation.

....or, just let athletes pull their own hair (curly or straight) up into a high neat pony tail and put an end to all this needless stress and expense. The older I get the more I realize we are constantly telling girls what they have is never enough. You've got that ridiculous over the top tumbling pass, but so sorry, your hair just isn't big enough. :(
That will happen the same time all the blinged out crazy uniforms are toned down.....not holding my breath.

Back