Usasf Cheer Rules - Official Answers

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is there a timeframe to expect a response on legality questions? Don't want to be a pest but I know stuff can fall through the cracks as well

Is there a timeframe to expect a response on legality questions? Don't want to be a pest but I know stuff can fall through the cracks as well

I would assume a week. Very few are answered Friday to Monday because everyone that can reply is at an event. Then Tuesday to Thursday is playing catch up.

I know for the last 10 weeks the account had been cleared at some point on Thursday or Friday before I left for my event. The only exceptions being emails that didn't include enough info for us to reply because they were missing the level or video, and all of those had been replied to pointing out something was missing.

Due to computer issues I've only replied to about 3 emails this week, but know at least 2 of the others were replying on Wednesday.

I would assume a week. Very few are answered Friday to Monday because everyone that can reply is at an event. Then Tuesday to Thursday is playing catch up.

I know for the last 10 weeks the account had been cleared at some point on Thursday or Friday before I left for my event. The only exceptions being emails that didn't include enough info for us to reply because they were missing the level or video, and all of those had been replied to pointing out something was missing.

Due to computer issues I've only replied to about 3 emails this week, but know at least 2 of the others were replying on Wednesday.
I just re emailed one from a week ago and copied it to you and Les as well, that team has practice tonight and I would like to make adjustments tonight if we need to.

Andre,
Is there a place I can call or email to find out about crossovers? We have several girls crossing over from sr5 restricted to a jr4. I was told this was not allowed this year (crossing levels). Also we had 5 girls cross over at Summit this year (lvl 4 to lvl 3) and were told another team was penalized for this. Is there a way to find out (other than asking the coach) if we were penalized for that or if it was legal.
Thanks so much. :)

Both of those instances are allowed. NCA is the only competition that has crossover restrictions in which Restricted to J4 would not be allowed. Summit crossover restrictions are only for Worlds to Summit teams. Level 4 to 3 is allowed.

Both of those instances are allowed. NCA is the only competition that has crossover restrictions in which Restricted to J4 would not be allowed. Summit crossover restrictions are only for Worlds to Summit teams. Level 4 to 3 is allowed.
Thanks so much for the clarification. How do I find out if a comp is NCA?

Thanks so much for the clarification. How do I find out if a comp is NCA?
NCA Nationals have the restriction. It's held in Dallas every year. I can't think of any other competition that have restrictions on crossovers except Worlds (no crossovers allowed) and Summit (only 5 Worlds crossovers per team).

NCA Nationals have the restriction. It's held in Dallas every year. I can't think of any other competition that have restrictions on crossovers except Worlds (no crossovers allowed) and Summit (only 5 Worlds crossovers per team).
Ok so American Grande Comp in Vegas does not apply? I really appreciate your help. :)

Andre,
Is there a place I can call or email to find out about crossovers? We have several girls crossing over from sr5 restricted to a jr4. I was told this was not allowed this year (crossing levels). Also we had 5 girls cross over at Summit this year (lvl 4 to lvl 3) and were told another team was penalized for this. Is there a way to find out (other than asking the coach) if we were penalized for that or if it was legal.
Thanks so much. :)

Events are allowed to have more restrictive crossover rules than those listed on the age grid so it's best to contact the EPs.

Ok so American Grande Comp in Vegas does not apply? I really appreciate your help. :)

The EP for American Grand is called American Championships, which is a Varsity company. I don't know if they are more restrictive than the USASF age grid.

Back