All-Star Usasf Feedback

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Cheer Dad

Cheer Parent
Dec 15, 2009
What do you want to say, positive and negative, to the USASF?

Could be anything from spiraling costs, stay to play, judging consistency.....

If you want to remain anon in your post because of gym affiliation or something please pm me and I'll post on your behalf.

I think so many people can agree we need transparency when it comes to scores. I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons (which I can only think of 1-2). I miss the scores being announced 1-2 hours after a division wrapped up on Day 1. Competitions shouldn't ask coaches not to share scoresheets. IMHO, that's shady, whether it's intended or not.

I think so many people can agree we need transparency when it comes to scores. I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons (which I can only think of 1-2). I miss the scores being announced 1-2 hours after a division wrapped up on Day 1. Competitions shouldn't ask coaches not to share scoresheets. IMHO, that's shady, whether it's intended or not.
Wow. This happens? What are they afraid of?

I wish they hadn't changed the age grid back. I really liked and approved of the changes (and I wish they would raise the senior age to 12 for all levels, not just 5's).

ETA: I hate stay to play and wish it would go away. I don't see the benefit AT ALL to the consumer.

Transparency in scoring. Anyone should be able to access both the overall scores and the breakdowns for every competition.

Some sort of rule in place to address sandbagging. No gym should be getting away with level 5 kids on a level 2 team.

Tighter age divisions

Less conflict of interest. No company should be able to own both the event producer and gyms competing at said event. No company should be bankrolling people who make safety decisions.

Something good - I am super happy that they took away baskets from Mini 2 this coming season in the rules. I also liked that they removed the ability to do a round-off back walkover in level 1. Safety and progression-wise it makes a lot more sense as athletes get ready to perform a ro bhs.

Something good - I am super happy that they took away baskets from Mini 2 this coming season in the rules. I also liked that they removed the ability to do a round-off back walkover in level 1. Safety and progression-wise it makes a lot more sense as athletes get ready to perform a ro bhs.
Jumping off of this, thank you for making and then leaving the safety rules for tiny with the recent changes. I had no idea until coming here that <5s shouldn't be doing bridges or backbends. The change for teams does not stop them from doing it in tumbling class though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

yes yes yes! Score transparency, uniformity and breakdowns.

Wow. This happens? What are they afraid of?

I feel like they did this at NCA this year? At least with small coed.

I remember CheerUpdates tweeting something along the lines that scores were not to be shared at a big competition this year.

For me: I don't understand the inconsistency of some divisions. Why is small coed level 5 limited to 4 guys, but you see small coed level 4 teams with 6?

Last edited:
I would like to see a reduction in the number of levels/ages/gender splits, even if it means combining more levels if there is not enough competition (example small /large senior co-ed 4 against each other). At least one team (probably more but I happen to know of the one), won D2 Summit and did not compete against anyone in either round. Not the teams fault but something is wrong with a system that allows that in my opinion. Plus why travel if you aren't competing against anyone? just a showcase or local high school comp. would accomplish same.

I would like to see a reduction in the number of levels/ages/gender splits, even if it means combining more levels if there is not enough competition (example small /large senior co-ed 4 against each other). At least one team (probably more but I happen to know of the one), won D2 Summit and did not compete against anyone in either round. Not the teams fault but something is wrong with a system that allows that in my opinion. Plus why travel if you aren't competing against anyone? just a showcase or local high school comp. would accomplish same.

This 100 times. I don't see any reason a small and large team on the same level and age group can't compete against each other. It's the teams performance vs the score sheet and whoever hits it better should win regardless of the size of the team.

USASF is a complete joke.

Change the age grid, then change it back. Even though it was less than a month later, some people had tryouts in that time. Which power-gym wanted it changed back, and why?

No transparency in scoring. Does Live! Still exist? That was how competitions should be ran. Do your routine and go sit in the winners circle like Secretariat until someone comes along and outscores you.

Get rid of that damn 18-page rubric. There's been less documentation on Benghazi. In the meantime, if a category is worth 5 points, make it worth 5 points. If you're going to automatically score everyone between a 4 and a 5, then make the friggin' thing worth 1 point.

Age floors should be a real thing. 18-year old males shuttle launching 11 year old
Females in baskets is a safety issue... not to mention it makes the males look like total pansies, no matter how high they throw her (yea, we can all tell how old she is from the crowd).

Enforce the rules all year long. If Worlds and the Summit have rules about organized entries and over celebrations, enforce that poop in October. If Worlds and the Summit have rules about out of bounds, then I should get a deduction for stepping off the mat at Christmas. If you're not going to enforce it, take if out.

I'm sure I have more. I'm exausted

I disagree even if some don't like to hear Boys and naturally stronger than girls stunting would be naturally easier for them also a larger team has more options to be creative and typically come from larger gyms where they have a larger group of athletes to choose from Maybe if the large has 3 teams competing and Small has 3 combined the division when the occurs but what's the point of having 30 teams in the same divisions when the larger team has a more likely chance to win because they have more to work with or a small team have the advantage of maybe having perfect full squad tumbling/timing because there is less people to work with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back