All-Star Usasf Feedback

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

YES this baffles me, like seriously, kids are missing so much school... its absurd.

Interestingly enough we had a girl who went to D2 in the Wild Card round - clearly they left on Thursday and didn't leave until Monday - somehow received the award for Perfect Attendance for the last 3 years of middle school. Very curious how that happened. It shouldn't disturb me so much ;)
CP had to take an unexcused absence when we had to miss school for a comp..

Interestingly enough we had a girl who went to D2 in the Wild Card round - clearly they left on Thursday and didn't leave until Monday - somehow received the award for Perfect Attendance for the last 3 years of middle school. Very curious how that happened. It shouldn't disturb me so much ;)
My CP had the unfortunate luck of actually being sick and missing school in addition to all the cheer days she missed. I had to jump through hoops to get her credit for her sophomore year, but luckily it worked out.

tell them she had to go to the hospital :p

My wish list for USASF:

2. The distribution of Worlds bids change to a regional system. Take the Varsity Conference Cup map regions and that is where you can compete for a bid. You can compete out of region (and still go to NCA/UCA ect) but are not eligible for a bid. This cuts down on costs for parents who are continually asked to fly around the country chasing bids. It shouldn't change comp numbers for EP's, just demographics of who is there. It cuts down on days missed for school since flying around the country because kids really should not be missing 15 days of school just for cheer. It will never happen but one can dream (while sleeping on the plane while flying around the country for cheer).

This goes back to my suggestion for limiting bid attempts. Most teams flying all over the country chasing a world's bid just simply do not deserve one.

I don't even understand why perfect attendance is a goal. People get sick and it is better for them to stay home instead of come to school and infect others.

This goes back to my suggestion for limiting bid attempts. Most teams flying all over the country chasing a world's bid just simply do not deserve one.
Is there a place that shows every usasf registered small all girl and small coed team this past year. I would love that data to compare how many of all registered received a bid. Add that to my wishlist if it doesn't exist, a place to review data. Number of registered teams, number of athlete on each team and when and where they received a bid. I know that we get some of that data through Road to Worlds but wouldn't it be nice if the governing body of World's actually did it.

I wish we had transparent scoring, and a standardized judging entity. Then we could get rid of worlds bids altogether and just have a qualifying score as the ticket to worlds.

Take it a step further and have all teams meeting the qualifying score compete at a regional event. The winners of that go on to worlds. Basically make prelims a regional event.

I don't even understand why perfect attendance is a goal. People get sick and it is better for them to stay home instead of come to school and infect others.

Because the vast majority of routine childhood illnesses are not contagious and some kids stay home for every sniffle and scratchy threat. Their parents are too weak-minded and have a gelatinous spine, so they let the kid do whatever they want. I had two kids on my team last year who signed out of school early an average of one day a week for "illness." They would go to school all day, not want to go to 5th period, become "sick," and then be miraculously well enough to go back to school the next day.

The problem is these kids will someday have jobs with real attendance policies, and they will end up homeless.

Because the vast majority of routine childhood illnesses are not contagious and some kids stay home for every sniffle and scratchy threat.

Sorry don't agree. If my kid is feeling lousy and sniffling & sneezing her head off I won't send her to school. Because A she doesn't feel good and B it is contagious even if it's "just" the first day of a cold.

If she had a cheer comp? I would drug her up and take her like a good cheer mama, of course. :D

My wish list for USASF:

1.Scores, please, thank you. A full break down if they really want to make us happy.
2. The distribution of Worlds bids change to a regional system. Take the Varsity Conference Cup map regions and that is where you can compete for a bid. You can compete out of region (and still go to NCA/UCA ect) but are not eligible for a bid. This cuts down on costs for parents who are continually asked to fly around the country chasing bids. It shouldn't change comp numbers for EP's, just demographics of who is there. It cuts down on days missed for school since there would be no more flying around the country because kids really should not be missing 15 days of school just for cheer. It will never happen but one can dream (while sleeping on the plane while flying around the country for cheer).
3. For all senior levels, minimum score to receive a world's bid. There is now a division for everyone. If you want to go to world's build your team the right way, or don't go.

All of the shimmies!!! And then more shimmies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from an athletes perspective:

Change the warm-up set up at Worlds. I don't like/ never have liked the 1 mat 12-min rule. I don't know many EP's that do it this way... why change it for worlds - Maybe Canada is just different than the USA in this, but as far as I remember NCA/Cheersport all had the 3 mat warmup, as well as smaller comps that I have been to in the north-east.

from an athletes perspective:

Change the warm-up set up at Worlds. I don't like/ never have liked the 1 mat 12-min rule. I don't know many EP's that do it this way... why change it for worlds - Maybe Canada is just different than the USA in this, but as far as I remember NCA/Cheersport all had the 3 mat warmup, as well as smaller comps that I have been to in the north-east.

That one is a matter of logistics and space available. Don't be surprised if you see it change when the new venue is completed at WWOS. They use the same format for high school nationals and the Summit. They need to warm up 3 teams at a time and only have space for 3 full mats in those warm up areas.

Sorry don't agree. If my kid is feeling lousy and sniffling & sneezing her head off I won't send her to school. Because A she doesn't feel good and B it is contagious even if it's "just" the first day of a cold.

If she had a cheer comp? I would drug her up and take her like a good cheer mama, of course. :D

Of course, prioritize your child's athletics over her education. BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that?

That one is a matter of logistics and space available. Don't be surprised if you see it change when the new venue is completed at WWOS. They use the same format for high school nationals and the Summit. They need to warm up 3 teams at a time and only have space for 3 full mats in those warm up areas.

Put up more tents.... haha.
But seriously - They have done it for as long as I can remember - before they had 'arena north/south'. Why not just set up tents specifically for warm ups?

Back