All-Star Usasf Feedback

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Of course, prioritize your child's athletics over her education. BRILLIANT! Why didn't I think of that?

I wouldn't say that's what I'm doing. I think school is more important than cheer, for sure.

The "cheer comp rule" is you gotta be more or less dead to not turn up at a comp. It's just different. I'm not letting her class down if I keep her home from school when she's sick. But I would be letting the cheer team down.

My CP had the unfortunate luck of actually being sick and missing school in addition to all the cheer days she missed. I had to jump through hoops to get her credit for her sophomore year, but luckily it worked out.

You are lucky it worked out, many areas and school districts are not this flexible. I had an athlete one year who had to go to school, even if sick b/c she missed so much time for multiple reasons (illness,vacations,bereavement, etc)... it's an ugly situation and the parent was actually being monitored.

You are lucky it worked out, many areas and school districts are not this flexible. I had an athlete one year who had to go to school, even if sick b/c she missed so much time for multiple reasons (illness,vacations,bereavement, etc)... it's an ugly situation and the parent was actually being monitored.

At my daughters school you are only allowed 5 parent notes a year then if you do not have a doctors note it is unexcused. After 3 unexcused you start getting truancy letters, etc. and are barred from all extra curricular activities and sports.

At my daughters school you are only allowed 5 parent notes a year then if you do not have a doctors note it is unexcused. After 3 unexcused you start getting truancy letters, etc. and are barred from all extra curricular activities and sports.
Our High School drives me crazy with this. The only excused absence is for college visit and only 2 or 3 of those are allowed. Being sick even with a doctors note is not excused, and yet if you get sick at school the nurse will send you home and tell you that you can't come to school the next day but it's still an unexcused absence, even though you're not allowed to come to school:mad:

my high school from what i can remember was fairly lax on attendance, i think if you had over 10 or 15 unexcused absences you got a full range of punishment, from detention to In school suspension and then eventually out of school suspension, etc. If absences were due to doctor apt, dentist or anything medical all you need was a doctors official note for it to be excused and not count against you..
i missed the first month of senior year, due to jaw surgery, never counted against me and grades.

Is there a place that shows every usasf registered small all girl and small coed team this past year. I would love that data to compare how many of all registered received a bid. Add that to my wishlist if it doesn't exist, a place to review data. Number of registered teams, number of athlete on each team and when and where they received a bid. I know that we get some of that data through Road to Worlds but wouldn't it be nice if the governing body of World's actually did it.

I would love a place to review data too. CP is involved with a small gym and generally competes against other small gyms, rarely is she competing against big name mega gyms. Once a comp schedule comes out I generally do a quick Facebook search to find out about the other gyms in her division if I am not familiar with them. I have been told that this is stalker-ish. A place where gym stats and bids are listed would be great.

Interestingly enough we had a girl who went to D2 in the Wild Card round - clearly they left on Thursday and didn't leave until Monday - somehow received the award for Perfect Attendance for the last 3 years of middle school. Very curious how that happened. It shouldn't disturb me so much ;)
CP had to take an unexcused absence when we had to miss school for a comp..
In our area, for elementary and jr high, you are allowed to sign out on independent study if you will be absent for 5 days or more. It would not affect your attendance. You can only do it once per year though... and the high schools do not allow it.

Is there a place that shows every usasf registered small all girl and small coed team this past year. I would love that data to compare how many of all registered received a bid. Add that to my wishlist if it doesn't exist, a place to review data. Number of registered teams, number of athlete on each team and when and where they received a bid. I know that we get some of that data through Road to Worlds but wouldn't it be nice if the governing body of World's actually did it.
Road to worlds maintains a decent list of world's eligible teams, their bid events and their bids. I'm not sure how exhaustive it is, but I felt like it was pretty accurate. @Ashley may be able to lend some insight as to where she gets her info.

It would be really nice if worlds/summit was in late March/early April. Do teams really gain that much more in a month? Plus the weather would be so much more tolerable in Orlando. Lol

I completely agree. Worlds should be 2nd or 3rd week of April then followed by both Summits. D2 Summit fell on Mother's Day which really sucks. Also tryouts happen 2 weeks before school gets out which makes it very hard for any type of break.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Our High School drives me crazy with this. The only excused absence is for college visit and only 2 or 3 of those are allowed. Being sick even with a doctors note is not excused, and yet if you get sick at school the nurse will send you home and tell you that you can't come to school the next day but it's still an unexcused absence, even though you're not allowed to come to school:mad:

That is why we switched to online school. My daughter is graduating next week but the last 1 1/2 years online were great for her. The format reminds me of college, where you get the coursework for the entire semester, and pace yourself accordingly. Her team travels a lot so she completed all the work before she left for a competition so she didn't have to catch up. It is only for the self-motivated, though.

I imagine USASF will only consider feedback that does not take away from their profits. I like the idea of setting a standard , required score to make it to & move on to semi finals / finals. This won't take any $$$ away from USAF, but will hold a higher standard for finals.

Last edited:
My wish list for USASF:

1.Scores, please, thank you. A full break down if they really want to make us happy.
2. The distribution of Worlds bids change to a regional system. Take the Varsity Conference Cup map regions and that is where you can compete for a bid. You can compete out of region (and still go to NCA/UCA ect) but are not eligible for a bid. This cuts down on costs for parents who are continually asked to fly around the country chasing bids. It shouldn't change comp numbers for EP's, just demographics of who is there. It cuts down on days missed for school since there would be no more flying around the country because kids really should not be missing 15 days of school just for cheer. It will never happen but one can dream (while sleeping on the plane while flying around the country for cheer).
3. For all senior levels, minimum score to receive a world's bid. There is now a division for everyone. If you want to go to world's build your team the right way, or don't go.

WRT #1, I've been pushing for transparency for years and wrote this piece last week about it.

Is Cheer Losing its Transparency? »

Road to worlds maintains a decent list of world's eligible teams, their bid events and their bids. I'm not sure how exhaustive it is, but I felt like it was pretty accurate. @Ashley may be able to lend some insight as to where she gets her info.

Either I, or someone else (anyone can add teams), enters the teams competing when the performance order comes out. It's not always 100% accurate since teams can change from the time the first performance order comes out and when the event actually takes place.

Basically I'm rarely aware of a worlds team until they've competed at at least one event.

WRT #1, I've been pushing for transparency for years and wrote this piece last week about it.

Is Cheer Losing its Transparency? »

This was a great article, and written quite objectively. It was interesting to see the feedback it received (parents, EPs, athletes, etc). I give credit to Cheer Magazine for publishing these types of articles, and I'm hoping to see more of the same from you ACEDAD!

Back