All-Star Usasf New Grid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's the Elite one, if you scroll through their pics you can see the other ones.

They are all available now on the USASF website if you log in- as both athletes and coaches.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Thanks, I thought they might be available by now. There are some (like me) who don't have access to that, so this is another way to view them.

So just to clear "Junior" start at 5? Like kindergarten "5"? I don't even want to go there with the elementary/middle school conversation issue but my concern is most kids or at least the kids I know/knew who started dance like 3 or 4 wanted to try something new that wasn't soccer, softball, or volleyball etc. around 10 or 11 so the first stop was tumbling or cheer. First, it is already hard to find a beginner tumbling class for tweens at least around here they were mostly for 3 and 5 yos. Second, now you bring your tween to cheer gym to be on a team with 5yos? Really? All I am saying is small gym or not you must know that this age grid is going to send potential customers or a major "tween" demographic running away right? Finally, WHO THOUGHT OF THIS? I mean I know who but seriously, youth and mini start at 5 then there was an adjustment for I think it was level 3 or 4 where it jumped to 9 for "junior" Wouldn't 9 for a bottom "junior" age across the board seem more reasonable and I would be cool with raising the top of junior to 15 if they raised it to 9 because that may cover that older puberty adjusting athlete who may be stuck at a perfected level two and budding level 3 who is not quite ready for a Senior level KWIM.

So just to clear "Junior" start at 5? Like kindergarten "5"? I don't even want to go there with the elementary/middle school conversation issue but my concern is most kids or at least the kids I know/knew who started dance like 3 or 4 wanted to try something new that wasn't soccer, softball, or volleyball etc. around 10 or 11 so the first stop was tumbling or cheer. First, it is already hard to find a beginner tumbling class for tweens at least around here they were mostly for 3 and 5 yos. Second, now you bring your tween to cheer gym to be on a team with 5yos? Really? All I am saying is small gym or not you must know that this age grid is going to send potential customers or a major "tween" demographic running away right? Finally, WHO THOUGHT OF THIS? I mean I know who but seriously, youth and mini start at 5 then there was an adjustment for I think it was level 3 or 4 where it jumped to 9 for "junior" Wouldn't 9 for a bottom "junior" age across the board seem more reasonable and I would be cool with raising the top of junior to 15 if they raised it to 9 because that may cover that older puberty adjusting athlete who may be stuck at a perfected level two and budding level 3 who is not quite ready for a Senior level KWIM.
That's not new. In fact, prior to this current season there was no bottom age at all for juniors so a newborn could technically have been on a junior team. So it was actually raised to 5.

Does anyone know if there's a junior team who has a 5-year-old on it?

I know hypothetically it could happen, but because of how odd of an age gap that is I don't see many coaches or gym owners putting this into practice.

However, I am curious if anyone has actually done this. Especially in regards to choreography and making the hypothetical 5-year-old's height/age not stick out like a sore thumb lol.

I know hypothetically it could happen, but because of how odd of an age gap that is I don't see many coaches or gym owners putting this into practice.

However, I am curious if anyone has actually done this. Especially in regards to choreography and making the hypothetical 5-year-old's height/age not stick out like a sore thumb lol.
I would imagine there are some small gyms that have 5-6 year olds on junior teams if they don’t have a youth or mini team and have the level appropriate tumbling.

I had a 6 year old (first grade) on my J1 a few years back. We didn't have a M1 or Y1 that year, so she aged off T1 and straight on to my team. Honestly, it was completely fine because the team was almost 50% mini aged.

I would imagine there are some small gyms that have 5-6 year olds on junior teams if they don’t have a youth or mini team and have the level appropriate tumbling.

Very true. I was more curious so I could watch a video. :)

I imagine you'd need a smart choreographer for that.

5 males and 22 members can choose between small, medium, and large coed?
It's written like that because it can be a one or the other thing. Like you can have 1 boy on the team, but if you have 23 total, you're medium. Or you could have 10 boys and 20 total and you would be large coed.

Thanks. I am having issues getting into our USASF account. So I can't see any of it. What about the new rules (skill changes I think to 3 and 4?)
I haven't seen those publicly anywhere, not sure if they are posted under your account yet though.

Back