USASF Notifications page

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

CharlotteASMom -- I 100% agree with you. Regardless of the facts of this case, there are people on this board that will not agree with them. It will start with something like this -- "CEA was cleared of any wrong doing" -- "that's because they are a big-name gym and politics, they are guilty and got away with it" -- "CEA didn't use any illegal substitutions and we have proof" -- "CEA's proof is not valid and people are covering it up" -- blah blah blah It doesn't matter what the facts are in this case. I know for a fact there are people on this board that are very highly passionate about this situation on both sides. Since my gym is not directly involved I could care less whether the story is told, but as CharlotteASMom said, be prepared for the people on the other end to tell their side as well. And regardless of who's right or wrong, it's gonna get nasty. REALLY nasty. JMO

Since we are on the topic, has there been any discussion to the current sub/alternate rules or will it remain the same?

I hadn't even heard that this was an issue. I think it would be okay to post an unbiased account of the situation and the ruling, and then just make a request for people to remember that the situation is over and not to make any unnecessary comments on the post.

I don't think that it would be a problem on this thread, because the people that tend to cause the most drama on the rest of the boards do not seem to be commenting on here. We are more than capable of having a mature discussion on here without biased or rude comments. :)

Disciplinary Committee

The Disciplinary Committee recommended clearing Cheer Extreme of illegal substitution charges at the 2009 Worlds
Approved by the Board May 20, 2010

Should this say "2010 Worlds"???

No, the allegations were regarding substitutions done at the 2009 worlds.

Hence the reluctance to open a can of worms for a year that doesn't matter as much. But, again, feel free.

I agree, but it was how the unsubstantiated allegations from last year were used to try to impose a greater penalty on the gym as a whole, including this year results, before and after the competition of 2010. Now, if you want the can of worms closed just drop it. I'm of that thought process right now as ultimately, the system worked to the truth. But do not try to make it seem it was a simple case of a last year allegation. It was much more.

I agree, but it was how the unsubstantiated allegations from last year were used to try to impose a greater penalty on the gym as a whole, including this year results, before and after the competition of 2010. Now, if you want the can of worms closed just drop it. I'm of that thought process right now as ultimately, the system worked to the truth. But do not try to make it seem it was a simple case of a last year allegation. It was much more.

Geeze, no one was saying it was a "simple case" of anything. clzmom asked if that should say "2010 worlds" not "2009" and I told her no. Then King said that's why we shouldn't be opening up the can of worms because it was from a year ago. I understand your frustration as it was your gym that was being accused. I would probably be just as defensive if it were my gym. But please don't be so defensive to those of us that are just trying to keep this from turning into another locked thread. I know you are anxious for people to hear CEA's side of the story and I'm sure there are a million fierceboarders that are ready to listen. But I have had PMs from many people from the other side as well and I just know once this gets posted, it's going to be a fight like no one has ever seen on these boards. Our upstanding disciplinary committee made their ruling and found no fault with CEA. Doesn't that vindicate you?? Isn't that enough??

Geeze, no one was saying it was a "simple case" of anything. clzmom asked if that should say "2010 worlds" not "2009" and I told her no. Then King said that's why we shouldn't be opening up the can of worms because it was from a year ago. I understand your frustration as it was your gym that was being accused. I would probably be just as defensive if it were my gym. But please don't be so defensive to those of us that are just trying to keep this from turning into another locked thread. I know you are anxious for people to hear CEA's side of the story and I'm sure there are a million fierceboarders that are ready to listen. But I have had PMs from many people from the other side as well and I just know once this gets posted, it's going to be a fight like no one has ever seen on these boards. Our upstanding disciplinary committee made their ruling and found no fault with CEA. Doesn't that vindicate you?? Isn't that enough??

That is the very attitude that allows these types of underhanded manipulations (ie politics) to continue to reoccur. However, people in the industry are well aware of the tactics, and quite frankly, I think the perpetrators are more than wearing out their welcome with the PTBS. So yeah, posting it here will have little effect post fact except stir a pot that no one will ever agree on due to the blind denial of fans. But, it is nice to have that public airing a possibility for the next time. I think you may not know what I'm talking about in detail.

That is the very attitude that allows these types of underhanded manipulations (ie politics) to continue to reoccur. However, people in the industry are well aware of the tactics, and quite frankly, I think the perpetrators are more than wearing out their welcome with the PTBS. So yeah, posting it here will have little effect post fact except stir a pot that no one will ever agree on due to the blind denial of fans. But, it is nice to have that public airing a possibility for the next time. I think you may not know what I'm talking about in detail.

I have a really hard time understanding your posts sometimes allgoodpeople!! lol This one as well. Are you saying that MY attitude is what causes this type of underhanded manipulations?? I'm confused by that. I really have no personal concern whether you post the details or not. I'm just trying to prevent a very nasty, ugly argument that will not do anything more than cause the thread to be locked within an hour. Also, what is the PTBS?? And no, I do not know what you're talking about in detail. Only "the other side's" opinion as they are the ones that PM'd me. However, you should know that even after hearing their allegations, I did not agree that anything was done against the rules (as they are currently) and I told them that. But specific details?? No I don't know. However, I don't think knowing the very specific details would change my opinion since I already disagreed with the "other side".

So, can I ask atleast what the penalty had been if CEA had been found "guilty"?

I'm still very interested in this, that someone can make an allegation in Apr of 2009 and it takes an entire year to clear up and be vindicated?

I have a really hard time understanding your posts sometimes allgoodpeople!! lol This one as well. Are you saying that MY attitude is what causes this type of underhanded manipulations?? I'm confused by that. I really have no personal concern whether you post the details or not. I'm just trying to prevent a very nasty, ugly argument that will not do anything more than cause the thread to be locked within an hour. Also, what is the PTBS?? And no, I do not know what you're talking about in detail. Only "the other side's" opinion as they are the ones that PM'd me. However, you should know that even after hearing their allegations, I did not agree that anything was done against the rules (as they are currently) and I told them that. But specific details?? No I don't know. However, I don't think knowing the very specific details would change my opinion since I already disagreed with the "other side".

No, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the attitude in general that says "move on without discussion". I find it interesting that "the other side" is pming you about this. I know why probably. The whole soldrid affair sheds less than favorable light on their actions. But again, I have nothing against you or anything you have written. I'm not being personal, but trying to be less than specific. Let's just let it go. NG

No, I'm not talking about you, I'm talking about the attitude in general that says "move on without discussion". I find it interesting that "the other side" is pming you about this. I know why probably. The whole soldrid affair sheds less than favorable light on their actions. But again, I have nothing against you or anything you have written. I'm not being personal, but trying to be less than specific. Let's just let it go. NG

Quite honestly, I have no idea why they were PMing me either. I guess because I have been so vocal about my feelings on cheating on all the various threads started about it (including one I started). But thank you for clarifying that you were not speaking about me as I really have no hand in this at all, except the fear of a nasty fight getting started.

Back