USASF Regional Mtg: Great Lakes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 15, 2009
I will be reporting information during breaks from the regional meeting in Cleveland. Anyone feel free to chime in! :)

Thanks, it'll be great to hear what goes on there.

Glad you could attend.

Opening Session: good talk on changes/future of USASF. Gyms will be required to be USASF certified to attend USASF sanctioned events. More info coming Fall 2011.

Talk from IEP:

- IEP (22 companies) wrote USASF a letter saying if they handed down a universal scoresheet, they would follow it.

- IEP companies combined make up 47% of Worlds Bids (100 bids).

I'm glad the IEP (Independent Event Producers) are sending the message they will stand behind this decision if made by the USASF. It's a good sign of everyone coming together to help reinforce the importance of a governing body.

Who are they? Id love to get them on the board.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

From the Atlanta Regional meeting thread:

Scott Watkins is introducing the Independent Event Producers group. It's 24 event producers that, while smaller, awarded 47% of all Worlds bids in 2010.

http://www.weareiep.com/

(ed. this group needs to remain strong and viable for the good of the industry)

- Courtesy of ACEDAD.

Open forum: a lot of talk on what characterizes a "gym" or "program" when discussing competing with more than one team at a competition. USASF states that nothing will change in rules this year, but it's an open topic. It was stated that as of this year a member still can not compete at the same event with more than one program (I.e. Not allowed to compete on a "joint" level 5 team AND on a lower level team from their original gym).

Thanks for the updates hotcheercoachcaliegh. Keep them coming!

Thanks for the updates!! Really hope this universal scoresheet goes through... I think it's something we really need.

One of the owners of Worldwide Spirit Association was the individual who presented the topic.

I think it was Scott Watkins, the same person that presented in Atlanta. Scott works for WSA, but isn't an owner.

If it was an owner it was probably Darren DeMoss.

Back