All-Star Usasf Survey

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

When the corp I worked for was experiencing profit erosion they sent out survey cards. They found out their customer base could not afford the merchandise they desired. The corp took designer brands out of lower to lower middle income areas, put in higher quality imports, and those customers left and went to the stores that sold designer brands. So, they consulted a business psychologist and found out what we already know, people associate certain things with status and power. The business psychologist basically said if a person can afford to drive a $10,000 car, they will say they want more options, but that's not what they really want. They want the $10,000 car to either be the only option or to be of the same quality and desirability to level the status and power playing field. That is, also, why that same person will sign a seven year car note or car lease to drive a $45,000 car. The moral of the story: Cheerleading has always been associated with status and power, we don't need surveys, we need a psychologists. :p

When the corp I worked for was experiencing profit erosion they sent out survey cards. They found out their customer base could not afford the merchandise they desired. The corp took designer brands out of lower to lower middle income areas, put in higher quality imports, and those customers left and went to the stores that sold designer brands. So, they consulted a business psychologist and found out what we already know, people associate certain things with status and power. The business psychologist basically said if a person can afford to drive a $10,000 car, they will say they want more options, but that's not what they really want. They want the $10,000 car to either be the only option or to be of the same quality and desirability to level the status and power playing field. That is, also, why that same person will sign a seven year car note or car lease to drive a $45,000 car. The moral of the story: Cheerleading has always been associated with status and power, we don't need surveys, we need a psychologists. :p

I love you catlady. Remember that you are my spirit animal. However I disagree with your last sentence (bolded by me)

Where I live, Cheerleading is not associated AT ALL with status and power. It is considered to be a tacky "activity". CP's local high school has 2 thousand students but can't field a JV and V team because of a lack of interest. All Star cheerleading is a foreign concept to most people and other's associate it negatively with "Toddlers and Tiara's". IMO people (around me) simply can not get past the hair, makeup and sparkles to see the athleticism and creativity that goes into an all star cheer routine. As a parent, I have actually lost status when other parents hear about cp's cheerleading.

We drive about 45 minutes away to CP's gym where things are different.

So, among other things, I think the survey could help USASF identify where and why certain area's/zip codes don't have participation.

I love you catlady. Remember that you are my spirit animal. However I disagree with your last sentence (bolded by me)

Where I live, Cheerleading is not associated AT ALL with status and power. It is considered to be a tacky "activity". CP's local high school has 2 thousand students but can't field a JV and V team because of a lack of interest. All Star cheerleading is a foreign concept to most people and other's associate it negatively with "Toddlers and Tiara's". IMO people (around me) simply can not get past the hair, makeup and sparkles to see the athleticism and creativity that goes into an all star cheer routine. As a parent, I have actually lost status when other parents hear about cp's cheerleading.

We drive about 45 minutes away to CP's gym where things are different.

So, among other things, I think the survey could help USASF identify where and why certain area's/zip codes don't have participation.

Lol, I really meant that post to be lighthearted, but by all means geographic area will dictate those "it" items when it comes to vehicles, clothes and sports. But, with that said, cheerleaders have always had a stigma, good or bad, as a chosen few. Don't let people kid you, we all prioritize those things we can't afford. In our family, we drive moderately priced cars and until they won't go anymore, and tell our kids it's stupid to drive outrageously priced cars because they depreciate. Translation, cars aren't our thing.....but, mainly so we can afford things like cheer. :p

Curious where there any questions about ages, age grid preference, etc.?

Back