All-Star Usasf Worlds 2018 Information

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

So you either lose Friday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday - the competition is the same length and you lose the same amount of days --- I think it works well for gyms that have Worlds and D1 teams - some staff will have a 2-day break and just stay in Florida.

So you either lose Friday and Monday or Monday and Tuesday - the competition is the same length and you lose the same amount of days --- I think it works well for gyms that have Worlds and D1 teams - some staff will have a 2-day break and just stay in Florida.
I disagree. All division finals should be Saturday and Sunday. Teams who earn paid bids could come in Thursday night and fly home either late Sunday or early Monday morning - a 6am flight gets my kid to school by 10 on Monday. It is far easier to miss work and school on a Friday than it is on a Monday and Tuesday, and now that they changed Worlds to the end of April (it always used to be the third week in April until a couple of years ago), it conflicts with AP testing and college finals. Given the added venue, it seems there is no reason why they can't change the schedule back to the way it used to be.

I disagree. All division finals should be Saturday and Sunday. Teams who earn paid bids could come in Thursday night and fly home either late Sunday or early Monday morning - a 6am flight gets my kid to school by 10 on Monday. It is far easier to miss work and school on a Friday than it is on a Monday and Tuesday, and now that they changed Worlds to the end of April (it always used to be the third week in April until a couple of years ago), it conflicts with AP testing and college finals. Given the added venue, it seems there is no reason why they can't change the schedule back to the way it used to be.
When was it the 3rd weekend in April? I always remembered it being at the end and looking back at dates it's been like that since at least 2010. I wouldn't mind them going back to Fri/Sat/Sun though. But the new venue was basically replacing the tents, not really an addition. There were 4 venues used last year, so they've even gone down to 3 this year.

When was it the 3rd weekend in April? I always remembered it being at the end and looking back at dates it's been like that since at least 2010. I wouldn't mind them going back to Fri/Sat/Sun though. But the new venue was basically replacing the tents, not really an addition. There were 4 venues used last year, so they've even gone down to 3 this year.
It changed by a week in 2016. I worded the "third weekend" wrong, but Worlds is now a week later than it used to be. Our school vacation always starts the 3rd Monday in April and it was always at the tail end of that vacation week ever since we started going to Worlds (2012 or 2013?) and was same weekend every year through 2015. New Hampshire school vacation starts the following Monday after ours and so we both benefited from not having to miss many school days. Neither state has changed their vacation weeks and now Worlds is the weekend New Hampshire's school vacation week ends. Technically Worlds is now the last weekend in April/first weekend in May whereas the latest it was prior to 2016 is April 26 I believe.

It changed by a week in 2016. I worded the "third weekend" wrong, but Worlds is now a week later than it used to be. Our school vacation always starts the 3rd Monday in April and it was always at the tail end of that vacation week ever since we started going to Worlds (2012 or 2013?) and was same weekend every year through 2015. New Hampshire school vacation starts the following Monday after ours and so we both benefited from not having to miss many school days. Neither state has changed their vacation weeks and now Worlds is the weekend New Hampshire's school vacation week ends. Technically Worlds is now the last weekend in April/first weekend in May whereas the latest it was prior to 2016 is April 26 I believe.
2013 and 2014 it was the 26-28, 2012 was 27-29, 2011 was 28-may 1, and so on. I think 2015 was the only year it was a couple days earlier (25-27), just because of how the dates/weeks fell that year as the following weekend would have been may 2-4. Oh well, not too important.

Anyone know the cost of admission for ICU worlds?
I'm not seeing it listed under their ticket prices, it just says that single day tickets can only be purchased there. I don't think it's different from USASF Worlds though, which is $40/day.

I'm not seeing it listed under their ticket prices, it just says that single day tickets can only be purchased there. I don't think it's different from USASF Worlds though, which is $40/day.

Thanks! That was kinda what I thought too. I saw that blurb about the ticket sales. Guess I'll wait to find out!

Do you know if worlds athletes have to pay to watch? I've never been and wasn't sure if it is included with my "park hopper" pass or whatever it's called that grants entry in to ESPN.

Do you know if worlds athletes have to pay to watch? I've never been and wasn't sure if it is included with my "park hopper" pass or whatever it's called that grants entry in to ESPN.
It's included. You get 5 days worth of ESPN admission with any USASF (or through ICU) park hopper pass.

There are folks who have kids doing both Worlds and (D1) Summit so they go down and just stay.

It probably makes more financial sense than going down to FL, leaving, and turning around to come RIGHT back but I don't know how people swing missing school and work that long.

Back