All-Star Usasf Worlds Bid Competition Requirements

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 31, 2010
I am under the impression that Worlds bid events have several requirements regarding event size, date and location. Among these, 100+ teams for a full paid bid, 30 days away from another bid within 300 miles.

So, I ask....
#1. How are there bid competitions in Houston, Texas on back-to-back weekends?
(cheer America, and Cheer power)
#2. How is ECC giving 2 full paid bids with approximately 50-60 teams this weekend?

I am under the impression that Worlds bid events have several requirements regarding event size, date and location. Among these, 100+ teams for a full paid bid, 30 days away from another bid within 300 miles.

So, I ask....
#1. how are there bid competitions in Houston, Texas on back-to-back weekends?
#2. How is ECC giving 2 full paid bids with approximately 50-60 teams this weekend?

The requirements for initially being allowed to give bids are more strict than what needs to be done to keep giving them.

The requirements for initially being allowed to give bids are more strict than what needs to be done to keep giving them.
Correct for #2, I am assuming ECC will be on some sort of probation for next year.
But, for #1 how does that work? For that matter I believe Dallas is about 250 miles from Houston, so that would actually be 3 consecutive weekends with worlds bids.

Spirit Fest in CT gave bids two weeks ago, and Athletic Championships in Providence gave bids this past weekend, 2 weeks later. The two cities were approximately 60 miles apart. As far as I can remember, the 2 competitions have always been within a month of each other.

Not sure about ECC... if they've advertised that they would be giving 2 paid bids and 6 at large, they can't really just decide not to give those bids out just because they had a decline in registration. I don't understand how they could penalized for that?

I've never heard of the 30 days, 300 miles away rule. When did that ever become a requirement??

I have been told that before. Is it written on the usasf website?

And if so would they really enforce this rule?

My understanding, from previously working as an event producer, is that once someone is giving a bid in a certain area, if another company would like to offer bids within the 30/300 zone, the company that was there first has a deciding vote in whether they are allowed to or not.
I would guess that USASF would encourage the companies to work it out, since the more bids given, the more potential money coming into USASF at World's. JMO on that, though!

I believe that I saw it a few years back. I looked on the USASF website and could not find anything about worlds bid requirements.

I do remember that that the reason all-star challenge could not give their bids in Jacksonville was because of UCA. Same for American open and COA nationals in Orlando.

I imagine that at this time ECC is wringing their hands over the fact that they have a small number of teams. It is not cheap to give these paid bids to 2 teams. You can't make people attend your competitions.

I always thought that an event producer could only give out bids at your largest event ( most attended). I don't know why I thought that. Perhaps cheerpower and cheer America both had Houston as their largest event and the rest is pure coincidence. I could be way off.....

CheerAmerica Yes this is thier BIG nationals and largest competition. LOL i printed the schedule and its 23 pages!!!

Teams from dallas and farther made the trip for cheerpower and are making the trip for cheer america :0
its going to be a great weekend with a bunch of talent!

Was the 300/30 rule just something made up?
I don't remember it as a rule but something along those lines was used as a guideline. Just not sure it was ever hard and fast.

Back