All-Star Varsity All Star Judges Association

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

There are few because we haven't trained them to do it. So in a sense we are saying the same thing. I only mentioned the stunt and should have clarified entries or dismounts.

What was important is that we need to train female bases to use proper body mechanics and doing it like a male will give then less power and control. Our strength is in our hips, legs and butt, not our shoulders.

3 years ago I would have never thought I would see so many women single base stunt and now look, so the difficult entries and dismounts will come too.

This makes no sense. Males require the same body mechanics as females.

makes perfect sense ...the biomechanics of men and women are different. Women are stronger in the lower portion and need to rely on this for strong stunting. Men can muscle it through arms and shoulders.

makes perfect sense ...the biomechanics of men and women are different. Women are stronger in the lower portion and need to rely on this for strong stunting. Men can muscle it through arms and shoulders.
Having to "muscle it through" is bad body mechanics. And both men and women are stronger in their lower extremities.

Having to "muscle it through" is bad body mechanics. And both men and women are stronger in their lower extremities.

Word. I was going to say something along these lines - partner stunting and depending on arms/shoulders to get it up is not proper technique no matter what gender you are.

??? according to what source?
Based on pre and post testing of weight training of the upper and lower extremities throughout research. Look up research involving both UE and LE in the same controlled trial and compare force production at baseline. Force production by the UE will be much less than that of the LE.

Based on pre and post testing of weight training of the upper and lower extremities throughout research. Look up research involving both UE and LE in the same controlled trial and compare force production at baseline. Force production by the UE will be much less than that of the LE.
Sorry, I was trying to reply to this:

Back