High School Varsity Letters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 15, 2011
I'm just curious on how your school does your varsity letters for your letterman jackets. I know mine you only have cheer on varsity one season to get yours. I've heard other schools have a certain amount of seasons or a skill you have to require, but how do YOU do it?

my old high school was after the first year on varsity you got your letters. No cheerleaders actually buy the jackets at my school tho

My daughters high school, you receive a letter if you make competition team. So if you don't make Varsity cheer for football season, but make the competition team, you get a Varsity letter at the end of the season. Varsity, the cheer company :), has the cutest letterman sweater and a lot of our girls got it and can wear it to school or to games in lieu of their warm up jacket if they want. It's great to show off your accomplishment. Many don't realize cheerleaders earn a varsity letter because they don't wear them.

We get our graduation numerals our freshman/JV year and our letter first year of varsity. With each additional year we get a little patch in the shape of a megaphone that is sewn on our letter to show how many seasons we've been on varsity. All of the cheerleaders at my school that I know get a letter jacket that's the same as every other girls sport.

We get varsity letters every year, except we don't get varsity jackets so mines just hanging on my wall.

We should have got them every year so I should have 3 by the end of the season since I'm a junior, but my coach forgot to order them freshmen year (oops)

I don't think our varsity game girls will get them, but I'm not really sure since this is the first year we have varsity game girls.

Since our teams are done (mostly) by grade, we have specific requirements. In the fall, you get your letter for cheering at at least 75% of all games. Specific skills are needed to cheer each quarter. (Hurdler, toe touch, walkover, handspring) and its the same with basketball, but how many times you competed is also factored in during winter season.

We just ordered my CP's last week. The only requirement is that you are on the squad for the entire football season. Basically, when the football players are eligible, so are the cheerleaders.

we gets ours for completeing a season on varsity, i have mine already. But the jackets are SO expensive i wont buy through my district. i mean who pays $300 for it? My colombia is only $100 for gosh sake! I rhinestoned around mine, but i dont think anyone cares for that. I might get one, and i will bling it out!(; I will post a photo of the letter if anyone wants to see, its really cute i think :cloud9:

At my high school you only had to cheer one season also to get a letter. Each year after that you received a pin (megaphone) for your letter. My issue with how my school did things was everyone ended up getting a letter who cheered because there was only varsity for basketball. The way my school did it was they split all of the cheerleaders into 3 squads so you only had to cheer 1/3 of the games since between girls and boys it can become a lot. So everyone was technically varsity for basketball and I can not remember a time when someone who tried out did not make basketball cheer. So basically if you tried out and completed the season, you got a letter. No one at my school really bought jackets though.

we gets ours for completeing a season on varsity, i have mine already. But the jackets are SO expensive i wont buy through my district. i mean who pays $300 for it? My colombia is only $100 for gosh sake! I rhinestoned around mine, but i dont think anyone cares for that. I might get one, and i will bling it out!(; I will post a photo of the letter if anyone wants to see, its really cute i think :cloud9:
I want to see! Mine is just sitting around since I didn't get a jacket so that would be cute to do!

Ooooooooohhhh I would love to rhinestone around my letter. But we payed around 350$ for the jacket so I think my mom would kill me if I messed it up. It's worth asking her if I can though.... Thank you for the idea Sophie! I think I found a project for me and my new hotfix wand tomorrow.. hehe:D and post a picture of your letter. I want to see how you did the rhinestones.

I want to see! Mine is just sitting around since I didn't get a jacket so that would be cute to do!

tumblr_mfyggqlT4W1rf31o3o1_500.jpg

It was so easy, i love it i might get a jacket through varsity brand and rhinestone that too :cloud9: SmileyRyleigh

Latest posts

Back