All-Star Varsity Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 6, 2014
Hello All:

Can someone help me understand the scoring system for Elite teams. It's my understand all teams in the Elite category start with the same score of 100 and deductions are given for certain things, such as, synchronization. And it points are no longer given for difficulty. Also, you cannot earn drivers this year.

So confused. Can someone please help me?

TIA

Pretty sure none of that is accurate. Scoring is pretty much the same as its been generally, with minor differences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Hello All:

Can someone help me understand the scoring system for Elite teams. It's my understand all teams in the Elite category start with the same score of 100 and deductions are given for certain things, such as, synchronization. And it points are no longer given for difficulty. Also, you cannot earn drivers this year.

TIA
It depends on where you are. Here in Canada the scoring is quite different now: http://www.cheerleadingcanadainc.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/All-Star-04.08.18-1.pdf

Hello All:

TIA

This season, some of the major changes come in how technique is scored.

Last season, teams were placed on one of three technique ranges based on the % of the team showcasing excellent precision and form. From there, drivers were added (.1 each) for what a team did well.

This season, all teams step on the floor with a 5.0 in technique (stunting, pyramids, tosses, standing tumbling, running tumbling, jumps). The drivers will be deducted from the 5.0 score depending on the team. The most any driver can be taken off is 0.3. A team can either have 0, 0.2 or 0.3 taken off per driver. So no more 4.9 in technique.

Outside of that...the only real difference is the # of tumblers and jumpers required to hit high range.

Hope this helps!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure none of that is accurate. Scoring is pretty much the same as its been generally, with minor differences.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

There are actually significant changes to how we’re scored in technique compared to last season. Teams now all step on the floor with the same 5.0 in all technique areas and drivers are deducted (0, 0.2 or 0.3) for each driver.

There are actually significant changes to how we’re scored in technique compared to last season. Teams now all step on the floor with the same 5.0 in all technique areas and drivers are deducted (0, 0.2 or 0.3) for each driver.
And as I understand it bobbles are being deducted this year more so than last...is that accurate or no?

And as I understand it bobbles are being deducted this year more so than last...is that accurate or no?

Bobbles can fall under the driver “obvious mistakes,” which is an “all or nothing” driver. Meaning you either get no points deducted or 0.3. So a bobble could be a 0.3 for that driver.

In years past, bobbles were taken off technique, but it was up for debate how much it actually affected the score.

Last year the wording for what would be considered a "stunt fall" made what some would consider a bobble be counted as a stunt fall (flyer leaning heavily on backspot for balance check, some lowering of stunts). This year the wording has been changed and those examples should be given a .3 "obvious mistake" driver rather than a .75 building fall deduction. Of course, actual building falls will still be given a .75 or 1.25 deduction, based on severity.

Back