High School Varsity Uniforms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 16, 2010
So. I was in the process of ordering new varsity uniforms. Varsity brand still looks the best to me in the school cheer industry so, like always I start trying to design my uniforms. I'm fortunate to work with a group of girls who can afford to have nice uniforms. We do a two year cycle and unusually get two tops and one skirt.
I was planning of have one "traditional" sideline top that is all clean lines and lettering, and another long sleeve with a FEW stones.
A FEW.
I asked if we could do a few bursting stones around our schools logo.
I was told that besides on lettering, varsity COULD NOT add stones to uniforms.
Someone enlighten me how Varsity can put thousands of Swarovski crystals on a single stingray uniform, but won't put a few scattered around my schools logo?
I asked if it was a safety policy or why and was just directed towards the all star catalog.
I don't want an allstar uniform.
I settled for adding stones to the logo since this IS POSSIBLE.

Anywho. I guess I was just wandering why varsity can't stone school unis.

Have any of you ever tried this?

I believe it may have something to do with the fabric differences and the fact that stones adhere better to some fabrics than others..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So. I was in the process of ordering new varsity uniforms. Varsity brand still looks the best to me in the school cheer industry so, like always I start trying to design my uniforms. I'm fortunate to work with a group of girls who can afford to have nice uniforms. We do a two year cycle and unusually get two tops and one skirt.
I was planning of have one "traditional" sideline top that is all clean lines and lettering, and another long sleeve with a FEW stones.
A FEW.
I asked if we could do a few bursting stones around our schools logo.
I was told that besides on lettering, varsity COULD NOT add stones to uniforms.
Someone enlighten me how Varsity can put thousands of Swarovski crystals on a single stingray uniform, but won't put a few scattered around my schools logo?
I asked if it was a safety policy or why and was just directed towards the all star catalog.
I don't want an allstar uniform.
I settled for adding stones to the logo since this IS POSSIBLE.

Anywho. I guess I was just wandering why varsity can't stone school unis.

Have any of you ever tried this?
It all comes down to material and design. The stones adhere better to some than others. Also, how uniforms are designed matters to the machines that apply the stones.

I bet if you ask your Rep which uniform types to pick where you can get stones applied, they will be able to show you what is available. I am guessing you will have to get a motion flex/sublimated uniform instead of a powerfit/polyester one.

Rebel Athletic will put stones on any uniform, poly or bodyflex. Plus, Rebel Athletic will let schools order from the AS book if they want. Varsity doesn't. They have a school book and they clearly show crystals on them, plus it's SO much less expensive. The HS rules don't state anything about crystals and we compete against lots of HS teams that have them.

My HS team just ordered from Rebel. I was so happy to have stretchier fabric in a HS uniform! I got more uniforms from Rebel and spent less than I did at Varsity 4 years ago, on fewer uniforms. Plus my new team uni is totally custom. Rebel for life now...

Quality matters. Not saying anything about any particular company but some uniforms are made to be more durable than others.

And if you choose Rebel don't get any white material. It's grey and dingy under a lot of lights. Drove me crazy for two years.

Rebel Athletic will put stones on any uniform, poly or bodyflex. Plus, Rebel Athletic will let schools order from the AS book if they want. Varsity doesn't. They have a school book and they clearly show crystals on them, plus it's SO much less expensive. The HS rules don't state anything about crystals and we compete against lots of HS teams that have them.

My HS team just ordered from Rebel. I was so happy to have stretchier fabric in a HS uniform! I got more uniforms from Rebel and spent less than I did at Varsity 4 years ago, on fewer uniforms. Plus my new team uni is totally custom. Rebel for life now...
We use rebel and our uniforms are awesome... and soooooooo much more cost effective

Quality matters. Not saying anything about any particular company but some uniforms are made to be more durable than others.

And if you choose Rebel don't get any white material. It's grey and dingy under a lot of lights. Drove me crazy for two years.

How about for a non-competition high school team? Would the white work well with that? Some of the girls are really wanting white.

How about for a non-competition high school team? Would the white work well with that? Some of the girls are really wanting white.
It wasn't every uniform. Some girls looked fine. One was a center flyer so it really bugged me.

I can't speak for the rebel brand but I learned that poly uniforms work best in white. They clean easier and stay white longer. If this is a uniform that will be used for more than a season, or two at most, I would avoid white motion flex type material. It will get dingy, it will be impossible to get stains out, it will not match any future filler uniforms, and some girls will be different colors than others because they won't all clean them properly. Just my opinions from my experience!

I can't speak for the rebel brand but I learned that poly uniforms work best in white. They clean easier and stay white longer. If this is a uniform that will be used for more than a season, or two at most, I would avoid white motion flex type material. It will get dingy, it will be impossible to get stains out, it will not match any future filler uniforms, and some girls will be different colors than others because they won't all clean them properly. Just my opinions from my experience!
Thanks. It is my understanding that the Rebel uniforms are more of a motion flex type.

I have faith in my ability to maintain a uniform, but I have seen how some do not. I don't mind a white uniform, but it isn't my first choice for high school cheer.

After one season the white Varsity powerfit fabric is holding up well. Stains (make up) comes out easily. So I'd recommend that before motion flex as well.

I am thinking about going in the Rebel direction. We've always done Varsity, but I want competition uniforms that are a long sleeve top with a sleek look. Varsity's prices for those types are so far out of my limited price range. Rebel seems price appealing.. I'm just worried about quality. Not a lot of people in our area have Rebel unis. Would you mind posting a picture of your team's uniforms!?

I am thinking about going in the Rebel direction. We've always done Varsity, but I want competition uniforms that are a long sleeve top with a sleek look. Varsity's prices for those types are so far out of my limited price range. Rebel seems price appealing.. I'm just worried about quality. Not a lot of people in our area have Rebel unis. Would you mind posting a picture of your team's uniforms!?
I can post ours when they come in for the season :)

Back