All-Star Vent On Nca's Sandbagging Policy

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 13, 2009
Not really so much on NCA's policy but that a gym in South Florida has already found a way to weave themselves around it.

We got wind of everything when several parents from Gym X began posting upset Facebook statuses b/c they'd just found what divisions they'd be competing in, so basically...

Gym X has already competed regionals in levels 1 and 2 and also has a senior level 4 team. The parents were told they'd be attending Dallas and that the teams may shift slightly prior to. Now theflights have been purchased and the coaches have announced that they will only be taking levels 1 and 2 and that a good majority of the level 4 athletes will be on the Sr 2 team which will continue to trickle down through the rest of the ranks.

It follows NCA new rule b/c technically the gym has competed the divisions theyll be competing in Dallas but with out of level athletes.

The worst thing about all of this is that the coaches really just see Dallas titles in it for them and not what terrible examples their setting for their athletes...I CANT STAND IT!!!

Not really so much on NCA's policy but that a gym in South Florida has already found a way to weave themselves around it.

We got wind of everything when several parents from Gym X began posting upset Facebook statuses b/c they'd just found what divisions they'd be competing in, so basically...

Gym X has already competed regionals in levels 1 and 2 and also has a senior level 4 team. The parents were told they'd be attending Dallas and that the teams may shift slightly prior to. Now theflights have been purchased and the coaches have announced that they will only be taking levels 1 and 2 and that a good majority of the level 4 athletes will be on the Sr 2 team which will continue to trickle down through the rest of the ranks.

It follows NCA new rule b/c technically the gym has competed the divisions theyll be competing in Dallas but with out of level athletes.

The worst thing about all of this is that the coaches really just see Dallas titles in it for them and not what terrible examples their setting for their athletes...I CANT STAND IT!!!

I would think that would be bad for business and as a parent I would be shopping for a new gym in the spring if not sooner (since none of these kids are on worlds eligible teams anyway). Shame on those coaches and gym owners!

i'm interested to see results. I remember in the past a few level 5 teams dropping to 4 and still not winning.
I agree with you by dropping to a lower level as a team sometimes does not guarentee a win but when you have a level2 already and just fill the wholes and the needs with level4 CPs. Its a big advantage.

Just because a kid can do a standing tuck perfect doesn't mean that they can do a standing backhandspring perfect....We used to get a lot of level 4-5 athletes also on the local high school competition team which was intermediate. Since throwing tucks had been autopilot for so long, the funniest thing ever was watching them try to remember how to do a single backhandspring without anything connected to it. The kids had to concentrate really hard. LOL

Although I don't quite understand what this has to do with NCA's sandbagging policy. Could this not be done anywhere?

i know a team here that started out as Sr.Open 5, then competed last weekend as sr. 4 and now they are going 4.2 for nca. just cant make up their minds!

i know a team here that started out as Sr.Open 5, then competed last weekend as sr. 4 and now they are going 4.2 for nca. just cant make up their minds!

I think a lot of that lack of stability comes back to hurt you.

Unfortunately I know a pretty decent level 4 team last year dropped to level 3 and won at NCA. Personally, I would not feel as accomplished wearing that jacket but to each their own..
i know of a team that did this too!

Back