All-Star Venting (all Star Subjects)

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really dislike when people build up cheerleaders or "cheerlebrities" and act like they are God's gift to the world. Like, they are VERY talented athletes but they're just teenage girls/guys! Let them be! Oh and if they mess up at a competition, people are so quick to bash; they're human, they make mistakes. I kind of just dislike the concept of being a "cheerlebrity" in general. To me it's just kind of stupid.

Yes! Since when are competitions optional?

Oh emmm geee could you imagine the chaos that would ensue if gyms let parents pick and choose which competitions they went to. I can see if maybe your gym decided that this season they were going to fly to Dallas, and the vast majority were in a total uproar about it, and the gym cancelling those plans, but to let a parent have a tantrum about something they knew about in May?! Don't think so! Sounds like homegirl needs to find a fun half-year team for her kid!

I would have to say I hate it when there is always that one girl on the the team who thinks they are "better" then the other one. Luckily, this has not happened on my team as much as it has in the past.! :)

Another thing, when your teammates try to be your coach, constructive criticism is okay, but when it comes to a teammate yelling at you to fix something, It's not right.

Yes! Since when are competitions optional?

thank you!!!!!! do i really want to spend the money on hotels, rental cars and airfare for Atlanta and take off from work? no, but we signed up for it, it is what it is. We knew what the comp schedule was when we signed up, we agreed to it, we signed a contract so we are going to go, have fun and hopefully mini cp will bring home a trophy.

deciding that you don't think it's worth your while to go to atlanta does not go over well on me. our mini's are now practicing 4 days a week for the next 2 weeks so we can change the routine. errrrrrrrr......

i hope our mini's rock it at cheersport and come home with jackets! then you will wish you let your kid go when the whole team is rocking them around the gym!

There is a gym close to where I live and lots of girls at my school cheer there. I will call them gym A. I drive 45 min. to go to RAYS. And it absolutely drives me INSANE when people say who is better gym A or stingrays? I always say no comment. then people say oh i guess gym A is better... because "suzy" (not a real person) is a really good cheerleader and she goes there. Alright well im on junior level 5 and she is on level 2.... ugggg drives me insane!!!! How many worlds titles does your gym have? oh yea!! NONE! Drives me absoluetly crazy!

There is a gym close to where I live and lots of girls at my school cheer there. I will call them gym A. I drive 45 min. to go to RAYS. And it absolutely drives me INSANE when people say who is better gym A or stingrays? I always say no comment. then people say oh i guess gym A is better... because "suzy" (not a real person) is a really good cheerleader and she goes there. Alright well im on junior level 5 and she is on level 2.... ugggg drives me insane!!!! How many worlds titles does your gym have? oh yea!! NONE! Drives me absoluetly crazy!
when this happens i want to stranggle people and i explan that i would drive to georgia/north carolina/Flordia for every practice if i could!

My cp is on level 2. My gym is only sending level 5 to Atlanta. I understand that this helps to keep the cost low, and we are going to some pretty cool comps, but I wish we could go compete in Atlanta. It seems like such a cool comp. I'd love to be there to see some of the major teams who are going, too. I know they're so entertaining to watch. I would love to just go anyway as a spectator so my cp can see all the excitement. I think seeing all that would be an awesome motivator to look back on during a hard practice. To the mom who doesn't think it's worth the time or money? I'd let my cp fill in that spot any day!

UCA high school nationals and the high school coach prevents us from having a full team practice for the next week. (This cpach also almost made all four of the girls that cheer for high school miss our competition this past saturday because she wouldn't let them leave early from a Saturday practice to drive three+ hours in the nasty blizzardy weather, but luckily they all got there) We can't even put up a single stunt because their is a girl from every stunt group going to Nationals. Sure it's great for them but the rest of our team has to suffer. And of course this is right before NCA :confused:

Back