Verified Accounts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I hope that's the case.

For the record, I am going to choose to remain basically anonymous. There's probably a handful of people on this board that know which gym my daughter used to cheer for. Fewer than that would know my real name.

The reason I am protective of my identity is three-fold:

1. I have minor children and want to protect their privacy as long as possible.
2. I do not want my opinions to be in any way construed as a program's opinions.
3. I have seen what happens to people who put their real identity out on the internet and say something that somebody else doesn't like.

I like to also remain like this for a reason. I try to not be overly specific. I think it is a fantastic idea for the industry folks who are verifying rules, who may be a big person in an org, etc. However, half the reason most participate in the boards is to read, express opinion, get advice, etc and I don't want the world knowing who I am. As stated in the above numbers 2 and 3... I don't need that form of publicity.

In certain areas the statements of the verified people do carry a higher distinction. I think it's important to know the person replying to questions about NCA or the Varsity Scoring system is someone that works for NCA has responsibility for the scoring system. I think it's important to know the person responding to the questions in the Cheer Athletics thread is one of the founders and owners of Cheer Athletics and not an over zealous fan. I also think knowing when Les, Jessica, or I, 3 of the 8 people in the world that can officially answer a rules question on behalf of the USASF, comment on a rules question thread that you should give our comments a little more weight than the general population.

It doesn't mean you should listen to me any more than anyone else on the Cheer Athletics thread or general topics.
This was worded perfect.

This post is verified by Chad Mulkey!

Back