Vigil Held For Cheerleader Nick Capehart

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 21, 2015
Click For Full Article

nick-capehart1.jpg
A candlelight vigil was held on August 4th for cheerleader, Nick Capehart, killed in a car accident while en route to his cheer practice in Plano, TX at Cheer Athletics. His body was discovered Tuesday morning, three miles from his home in Fannin County, two days after he went missing. He was 17 years old. Nick Capehart was a member of the Cheer Athletics team, Junglecats.

His family and classmates met on the candlelit Bonham High School football field to pray and remember a life cut short.

“It was hard for me to see his parents because they are basically my parents,” friend Lexi Anderson said. “You just kind of have to know that he wouldn’t want us to grieve for too long.”

Deputies say he lost control of his vehicle and crashed into a tree south of Trenton along SH 121.

“It doesn’t seem real at all,” friend Kaysha Wilson said. “I feel like I should be getting a text from him today.”

Before his wrecked car was found, loved ones were desperate for his return, sharing is photo across social media.

“He is a true joy,” Capehart’s father Jonathan Capehart said. “Everyone loves him that knows him.”

Friends plan to wear the color red starting Wed. Aug. 5 through Wed. Aug. 12 in honor of Capehart. They say red was his favorite color.

Funeral and Memorial plans are still pending.

Source: KXII

The post Vigil Held for Cheerleader Nick Capehart appeared first on CheerDaily.com.

Back