Voting Slate For 2015-17

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I love @gofriars idea ;)

It blows me away that cp's gym doesn't qualify as a small gym. They are growing and field several teams, but we don't have the luxury to be able to place all the kids exactly where they should be . -disclaimer in my opinion ;) for example-having to go straight from minis.

We don't field a Worlds team either.

Does anyone feel strongly about prep teams being counted as part of the gym's totals? If so, I would like to hear why. Please share.

I have one other questions that is not related to this year's ballot. Is there a reason that minis are not divided into small and large gym. Cp's division was the most crowded at every bigger name comp that we went to and it seemed strange that we had 16 when all the older teams competed against 3 or 4 times.

For your ETA: that one is an easy kill. Lots of gyms have problems with parents who think "senior" is automatically better than "junior" and don't understand that a senior 2 isn't a higher level than junior 4. It was nearly unanimous in a quick straw poll in Baltimore that pretty much everyone was for changing the names of age divisions to be similar to other youth sports.

But does it really fix that? Isn't Susie's Mom still going to think that a U19 team is better than a U16?

I do like additions to the Intl division, as there are many programs that discontinue their teams because they don't have the numbers. And vice versa, many large programs have to many Intl aged athletes and run out if teams for them or push a level 6.

I don't necessarily mind it for I5, but I don't think it's necessary for level 6.

But does it really fix that? Isn't Susie's Mom still going to think that a U19 team is better than a U16?
Good point. When my sister played comp volleyball, if you were average you would play in your age group but if you were really good you d be put in a higher age group. Same when I played softball and soccer. It was an honor to "play up"
I think that's where the problem starts. The other sports don't have levels so that's why playing up means you're better. Since we have levels, the age doesn't really matter, but parents don't understand bc they're used to the other youth sports.

When I used to play soccer, if you were good you played an age catagory or two up. I think it would be a lot lot easier to just explain the levels are the same no matter the age. If it sounded like the other sports then I think it could get worse and they would think a higher age division is also better. Plus tinys and minis are cuter names ;)

I love @gofriars idea ;)

It blows me away that cp's gym doesn't qualify as a small gym. They are growing and field several teams, but we don't have the luxury to be able to place all the kids exactly where they should be . -disclaimer in my opinion ;) for example-having to go straight from minis.

We don't field a Worlds team either.

It makes too much sense to actually happen. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness though--in the "modern era" (2008-present?) of Worlds, excluding international divisions, has any Worlds medalist been the only Worlds team from their gym?

If the power's that be are concerned about growing the sport of allstar cheer I think they should take a long hard look at affordability. I've been holding my breath the last 2 season's and just pray I can make it through the next 3/4 year's. Parent's have been saying this for years, but every season the cost to travel/compete goes UP UP UP. Stay to Play, where we're paying $50/$80 more per night then we were 2 years ago. And, we've been begging to not be corralled like cattle and stuffed into the Worlds venues but we see how much better that's gotten.

They don't care about us. As long as we keep showing up...........they'll keep doing it. It's sad. I guess I should be out looking for a third job. LOL

As a parent I don't get what the "big" deal is between Jr and Sr???? Cp just turned 12! Yes I understand she can't go to Worlds. Cp doesn't tumble at that level yet. Why be in such a rush to have them grow up? Senior teams in my eyes are older CP's? (Should be?) IMO they should all be around the same age! If my cp was on a senior team I would think that there would be some "team bonding" that she would miss. I like the jr division, at least I think that it fits my cp perfect. I would personally have her spending time having fun, making friends, and perfecting skills. AS cheer is very expensive as stated also and if I'm paying all this money I hope that my CP's are enjoying themselves! There are yrs ahead and I just want all CP's to enjoy their childhoods. I am personally in no rush to have them grow up any quicker than they already have.

In all seriousness though--in the "modern era" (2008-present?) of Worlds, excluding international divisions, has any Worlds medalist been the only Worlds team from their gym?
There's been quite a few that have been the only Senior Worlds team in the gym, some of them either had a Junior or Open worlds team as well though. Kentucky Elite 2010, Twist & Shout 2008-2010, GA Coed 2010, Woodlands Generals 09/12, SE Diamonds 12, TGLC 08-12, Rockstar small coed 10/13, and maybe a couple others that I'm not sure about.

Last edited:

Twist & Shout (Edmond) has been on the podium every year since 2008 I believe. We only have 1 senior worlds team. We have I6 teams off and on, but none of those athletes are comprised of regular members of our gym so I don't count them. They are all college kids from OSU/local colleges.

Twist & Shout (Edmond) has been on the podium every year since 2008 I believe. We only have 1 senior worlds team. We have I6 teams off and on, but none of those athletes are comprised of regular members of our gym so I don't count them. They are all college kids from OSU/local colleges.
You can add a whole lot more to my list above if you do individual gyms, I was only thinking in terms of whole programs. There really are a lot more sole Senior Worlds teams that medal than I thought.

Perhaps a better question: how many worlds medalists are the only *level 5* team in their gym?

(note: this is mostly a thought exercise, I'm not trying to be argumentative)

Perhaps a better question: how many worlds medalists are the only *level 5* team in their gym?

(note: this is mostly a thought exercise, I'm not trying to be argumentative)
That narrows it down to Kentucky Elite 2010, T&S 08/09, Pro Spirit 09, Pro Cheer 11. I think that is it for Senior only. There's actually a couple junior teams that medaled with no senior worlds team at the gym, which I find interesting as well.

ETA: not sure if T&S had a J5 team those years though.

Back