Waiting Game.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jan 31, 2019
Hey all! My child has been under an extreme amount of pressure to ne worlds ready for the 19/20 season. He was put under the same last season when they upped the bottom age to 13. Anyone know when they are expected to release the new grid? I hope they dont follow IASF. he cant deal with another year of being let down.

Hey all! My child has been under an extreme amount of pressure to ne worlds ready for the 19/20 season. He was put under the same last season when they upped the bottom age to 13. Anyone know when they are expected to release the new grid? I hope they dont follow IASF. he cant deal with another year of being let down.

I don't understand... who put pressure and why do you let them? I also don't understand why you say he can't deal with another year not being on a worlds team?

It is very confusing to me.

I do not see USASF pushing back the age grid again causing same kids to miss cut off 2 years in a row.

But that does not mean it won't happen.

Note:

J5 and Worlds 5 are the same skills.

So even if a kid ends up missing the age cut off to be on a Worlds team again it's not as if your kids are going to be held back in SKILLS due to an age grid change.

Also, EVEN if the age grid moves to 14, don't kids still have FOUR OR FIVE SEASONS OF WORLDS ELIGIBILITY?

Anyone know when they are expected to release the new grid? I hope they dont follow IASF.
Leaving the rest of the post alone, I would think you would want them to follow IASF, and their bottom age is lower than USASF senior Worlds team bottom age.

I don't mean to seem dense but I am having a hard time understanding why when faced with being on a J5 in 19/20 or being Worlds eiligible (pending grid change) in the next season, kids are feeling pressured, parents and kids considering leaving the sport, etc.

Skills are same. You compete at many of same comps as Worlds athletes. You even are Majors eligible which was not a thing last year. You may need to drive a little to be J5 but you would most likely be driving to be on a Worlds team anyway, yes?

The only difference is literally what your winning ring would say on it at your end of season event.

I don't mean to seem dense but I am having a hard time understanding why when faced with being on a J5 in 19/20 or being Worlds eiligible (pending grid change) in the next season, kids are feeling pressured, parents and kids considering leaving the sport, etc.

Skills are same. You compete at many of same comps as Worlds athletes. You even are Majors eligible which was not a thing last year. You may need to drive a little to be J5 but you would most likely be driving to be on a Worlds team anyway, yes?

The only difference is literally what your winning ring would say on it at your end of season event.
Maybe her gym doesn't have a J5?

Note:

So even if a kid ends up missing the age cut off to be on a Worlds team again it's not as if your kids are going to be held back in SKILLS due to an age grid change.

Also, EVEN if the age grid moves to 14, don't kids still have FOUR OR FIVE SEASONS OF WORLDS ELIGIBILITY?
We do not and will not have a J5 in the near future. Our coaches keep telling him they need him ready for next season, its been the same thing for the last 2 years, then the age changes. I would just like our coach to have to common courtesy to let us know sooner rather than later if the age is going to change.

Where we are there are only 3 gyms. No J5 available. We are no where near a worlds gym.

I don't understand... who put pressure and why do you let them? I also don't understand why you say he can't deal with another year not being on a worlds team?

It is very confusing to me.

The last few years our coaches have told him they need him worlds team ready, then the bottom age goes up, thus leaving him ineligible. He has a full and has had it consistently since he was 9. He has been working on other level 5 skills. The most stressful for him is the coed stunting. It would be nice to know if the age changed then we can back off on tumbling privates and stunting privates. Hes been on a L3 team for 5 yrs

The last few years our coaches have told him they need him worlds team ready, then the bottom age goes up, thus leaving him ineligible. He has a full and has had it consistently since he was 9. He has been working on other level 5 skills. The most stressful for him is the coed stunting. It would be nice to know if the age changed then we can back off on tumbling privates and stunting privates. Hes been on a L3 team for 5 yrs

Pressuring a kid to be Worlds ready makes no sense to me especially since they have no control over whether he'll be age eligible next season?

Also your gym jumps straight from Level 3 to a Worlds team? Are there no reasonably appropriate teams in between 3 and 5?

Pressuring a kid to be Worlds ready makes no sense to me especially since they have no control over whether he'll be age eligible next season?

Also your gym jumps straight from Level 3 to a Worlds team? Are there no reasonably appropriate teams in between 3 and 5?

We used to have in between with some of the original kids. Our gym has only been open 6 years. We have a T1 M2 Y1 S3 S5

Latest posts

Back