All-Star Want To Get Banned From Fierceboard?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Weezy

Don't make me hurt you!
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Mar 24, 2010
Ok it looks like you all need a common courtesy reminder. You are free to state your opinion HOWEVER calling someone a fetus, trashy, slutty (you get the idea) is not tolerated. These are young athletes working their butts off at a competition you would dream to be competing at.

You can say you hate a uniform, hate a routine, hate the music BUT don't hate on the athlete.

Grow up or get banned.

Have a nice day and happy posting ;).

Guess I should have worded that better...LOL. I just cannot believe how rude some of these new posters are. Makes lolsmileyface look prudish.

thank you for saying this. someone had to because all of these girls and boys work SO hard. Its not easy and a very small percent of the 7 billion people out there can do what we do! <3

Why is calling someone a "fetus" bad.......
Normally, saying fetus in the proper usage would not be a bad thing, but people who use it on the board are using it to be negative and rude. They are essentially are saying a small flyer or young flyer is only able to perform because of their size, they have the advantage. It would be considered rude because these young/small athletes work towards those spots just as hard as anyone else. It baffles me that so many of us are cheerleaders on this site and we, ourselves, have had to put in the time and effort yet some go around saying well because they are 80 pounds being based by 120 pounds they have an extreme advantage. Well that does not carry them through their awesome tumbling, amazing jumps, and tight dance...people are always trying to put others down and using the word "fetus" in this context is just a (little more) sly way of doing it.

PERSPECTIVE and RESPECT are two words people should try to keep in mind.

Many people are using the word fetus as derrogatory to point out that teams are "cheating" by using small flyers with larger bases- that is a matter of perspective and is necessary for some smaller programsor even larger ones fielding another team with their remaining athletes. Some people use it as a nickname and it's no big deal. The problem with sarcasm is that it is the perspective of the reader that determines if it is funny or not. If you find out your sarasm wasn't taken as you intended, just appologize. No big deal

Likewise, give the poster the respect to ask "is this what you meant by that statement?" If you aren't willing to do that then you are both wrong. We can all learn from each other on here.

Let me clarify the use of the "f" word when it comes to Gabby. I had been contacted awhile back when it was first used as a reference to her. They found it offensive. I also find it offensive but had I never been contacted I would have let it go.

It's not secret to most of you that my daughter cheered for Top Gun. Once a Jag, always a Jag. I don't care if you don't like the program, their routines, their music, coaches, etc., HOWEVER do not make inappropriate comments.

I would come to the defense of any program that had inappropriate comments made. I do not like when athletes are attacked personally as well.

To all the newbies on this board, it has been said before, get to learn the board and then post. You will learn everyone's sense of humor and if you don't PM them and ask, don't have the argument in the thread. That is really annoying.

PERSPECTIVE and RESPECT are two words people should try to keep in mind.

Many people are using the word fetus as derrogatory to point out that teams are "cheating" by using small flyers with larger bases- that is a matter of perspective and is necessary for some smaller programsor even larger ones fielding another team with their remaining athletes. Some people use it as a nickname and it's no big deal. The problem with sarcasm is that it is the perspective of the reader that determines if it is funny or not. If you find out your sarasm wasn't taken as you intended, just appologize. No big deal

Likewise, give the poster the respect to ask "is this what you meant by that statement?" If you aren't willing to do that then you are both wrong. We can all learn from each other on here.

Agreed...while I probably would never use the word fetus, I always thought it just meant a little flyer without any negative connotation. I am more of a "There's a baby!" kinda girl. Will that cause issue as well?

Let me also point out that I am a HUGE fan of Victor and Kristen and the work they do (pushing the envelope with choreography, being innovative when it comes to stunts, and they have some of the most technically clean tumbling in the world). Not to mention, they are PHENOMENAL people, heaps of respect at their gym. That said, I'm not a fan of the new uniforms. I think they are a step back for all star cheerleading getting respected as a legitimate sport.

I went back and re-read the comments made about the Top Gun uniforms. I didn't seen anyone calling the girls on the team "slutty" or "trashy". I saw people commenting on the uniforms. I saw people say that "the uniform looked trashy" or that "the uniform looked slutty". No one said "oh, those TG girls are a bunch of sluts" or "Top Gun girls are trashy, look at what they're wearing". So please don't put words in people's mouths and accuse them of something they didn't say or intend.

The title of Admin does not give you free reign to ban, or threaten to ban, someone just because they have a different opinion from you. Had there been people specifically calling out someone in a disrespectful way in order to "bully" that person, or make fun of them, then of course that would be the apprpriate action.

Let me also point out that I am a HUGE fan of Victor and Kristen and the work they do (pushing the envelope with choreography, being innovative when it comes to stunts, and they have some of the most technically clean tumbling in the world). Not to mention, they are PHENOMENAL people, heaps of respect at their gym. That said, I'm not a fan of the new uniforms. I think they are a step back for all star cheerleading getting respected as a legitimate sport.

I went back and re-read the comments made about the Top Gun uniforms. I didn't seen anyone calling the girls on the team "slutty" or "trashy". I saw people commenting on the uniforms. I saw people say that "the uniform looked trashy" or that "the uniform looked slutty". No one said "oh, those TG girls are a bunch of sluts" or "Top Gun girls are trashy, look at what they're wearing". So please don't put words in people's mouths and accuse them of something they didn't say or intend.

The title of Admin does not give you free reign to ban, or threaten to ban, someone just because they have a different opinion from you. Had there been people specifically calling out someone in a disrespectful way in order to "bully" that person, or make fun of them, then of course that would be the apprpriate action.

I didn't put words in anyones mouth. I didn't say they called an athlete those words, HOWEVER, I do think use of those words about the uniform is also inappropriate. You can absolutely get your point across with your distaste for the uniform using more appropriate verbiage.

Back