All-Star Watered Down Competition Schedule

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Bottom line, most city officials are updating/expanding their convention centers, renovating/building hotels, and bringing in attractions all to look more attractive to their, or outside, sport franchises and corporate events. We live in Atlanta and they just built Suntrust Park and The Battery for the Braves, Mercedes Benz stadium for the Falcons, they're updating Phillip's Arena for the Hawks, their expanding the GA World Congress Center, and building a new hotel next to Mercedes Benz stadium. The cheer community along with everyone else that utilizes any one of those facilities are going to pay hefty prices for them. Cheer is directly being affected by the sport franchise game, and it's going on in most large cities trying to attract, or keep, their sport franchises. Comp fees and hotel prices are going to continue to rise and the cheer community NEEDS to support their gym owners in the attempt to keep prices down for their customers. It boils down to how much do we want to pay, over and above, to get these large facilities and numerous hotels required for these big comps.

Is it possible your owners are choosing competitions where your Youth 3 actually has other teams to compete against? There are many more J3 teams as opposed to Y3 teams, and that may be a deciding factor in competition selection in addition to other reasons such as 3 days of STP.

Based on the competitions that were added (SC DCC in Frisco, Rock Star in San Marcos (TX) and Cheer Star in Denton in lieu of SC Christmas Championship in Dallas, ACA Nationals and NCA Nationals), I think it's unlikely, but I suppose you never know.

Based on some of the other feedback in this thread, I suspect that the costs to the gym were a driving factor, especially given each of the competitions dropped were in the Dallas or Fort Worth Convention Centers. I understand that different parents have different tolerance for cost increases. That said, based on responses from the parents, I think about half of the team would have ended up at other gyms if they had been told that this would be the competition schedule at the current prices.

Back