Waterfalls For High School?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2010
My team was trying waterfalls the other day (the stunt where the flyer is in an extension and folds down to land on her back, if that makes sense). Would it be legal since we had both bases holding her heels and the back spot on the ankles the whole time?

My team was trying waterfalls the other day (the stunt where the flyer is in an extension and folds down to land on her back, if that makes sense). Would it be legal since we had both bases holding her heels and the back spot on the ankles the whole time?
I know in GHSA you can't be inverted unless it's at or below the bases' shoulder level. So you couldn't do a waterfall from an extension

What rules do you go by? Mist places its illegal. But some companies have different rules.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

There's a way to do it that they taught at UCA camp one-legged. It's very slow and way more difficult than the illegal version, but looks pretty once you get it. I can't seem to find a video, but say Suzie is in an arabesque: you slowly lower her to prep level and she slowly folds over so she is not inverted until she reaches prep level. Her arms slide down the backs of the bases as her leg goes over her head. In order to make it legal, there has to be neck/shoulder support while inverted, so the bases make an L with their catching arm and let Suzie's shoulders land on their upper arms with their hands on her back. That probably doesn't make any sense.

There's a way to do it that they taught at UCA camp one-legged. It's very slow and way more difficult than the illegal version, but looks pretty once you get it. I can't seem to find a video, but say Suzie is in an arabesque: you slowly lower her to prep level and she slowly folds over so she is not inverted until she reaches prep level. Her arms slide down the backs of the bases as her leg goes over her head. In order to make it legal, there has to be neck/shoulder support while inverted, so the bases make an L with their catching arm and let Suzie's shoulders land on their upper arms with their hands on her back. That probably doesn't make any sense.
No I actually get it! hahaha thank you :)

That would be a regular yo-yo.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Pretty much, but the flyer doesn't touch the ground until after the flip. So she keeps her arabesque pulled, bases take her down to a loading position, and then flip her. I believe ilikebigbows and I are thinking of the same thing, and it's more like this:

Only cleaner. :p

Reactions: Ems
Back