OT Way Off Topic; This Is Why It's In Random Section.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Aug 13, 2015
Okay, so I went into my attic which is apparently filled with asbestos insulation. I didn't have a mask or anything, for the reason of, I didn't know we had asbestos insulation. The only way I found out was I saw a picture that looked exactly identical.

My friend told me that since I inhaled asbestos, I'm going to die. Is this true or are they just faking me out?

Okay, so I went into my attic which is apparently filled with asbestos insulation. I didn't have a mask or anything, for the reason of, I didn't know we had asbestos insulation. The only way I found out was I saw a picture that looked exactly identical.

My friend told me that since I inhaled asbestos, I'm going to die. Is this true or are they just faking me out?
I think she's exaggerating. Weren't the class action lawsuits filed in the 80s by workers that had received asbestos poisoning because they had inhaled large amounts of it over extended periods of time?

ETA: Maybe not.
Asbestos Exposure: Causes, Symptoms, Risks, and Diagnosis

Last edited:
Stupid question warning:
So if I was walking in my attic with nothing protecting said insulation (the insulation is on floor and we don't have flooring just wood joists) would that count as 'disturbing'?
Sorry. I'm tired.

this i don't know. I would ask a professional. We're really only good for uniform consultation and debates over political correctness over here.

You'd need long term exposure for something to really happen to you and the effects don't normally show up for decades later. You're fine. Ask your parents if you're legitimately concerned... but you walked through the attic once. Unless you scooped some up and sniffed it... you're fine.

You'll be fine. For future reference, if you're walking around in the attic and there's no floor, just joists, you'd better stay on the joists because there's a pretty good chance you'll fall through or at least damage the ceiling since the only thing holding your weight is the drywall. If you were just on the joists, then I assume you didn't really disturb the insulation much since it would be between the joists. Oh, also, paper insulation looks very similar so that could be what is in your attic.

You'll be fine. For future reference, if you're walking around in the attic and there's no floor, just joists, you'd better stay on the joists because there's a pretty good chance you'll fall through or at least damage the ceiling since the only thing holding your weight is the drywall. If you were just on the joists, then I assume you didn't really disturb the insulation much since it would be between the joists. Oh, also, paper insulation looks very similar so that could be what is in your attic.
no. the insulation is covering the floor. i was walking on the insulation

You'd need long term exposure for something to really happen to you and the effects don't normally show up for decades later. You're fine. Ask your parents if you're legitimately concerned... but you walked through the attic once. Unless you scooped some up and sniffed it... you're fine.
i was curious so i was playing with it like sand but i didn't inhale it
i was bored lol

no. the insulation is covering the floor. i was walking on the insulation
You said "(the insulation is on floor and we don't have flooring just wood joists)" . If there is no flooring, just joists, then the "floor" of the attic where the insulation sits is really just the drywall on the ceiling of the rooms below. That's not strong enough to hold a person.

I find it curious that your story changes and gets more elaborate as people post telling you you're okay.

First you were in there with it.
Then you were walking on it.
Now you were bored and playing with it like sand.

So I'll give you the answer you're seeking - yes, you've had a terrible asbestos exposure and you'd better hope you don't die. We're all terribly worried and concerned for your health.

Latest posts

Back