High School We Are Back In The Cheer Game, This Time At School

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

cheer25mom

Cheer Parent
Aug 10, 2011
Cp took this year off all star due to a wrist injury. It doesn't look like her wrist is going to stand up to going back to a full on all star schedule. She has missed cheer a lot and has decided to try out for high school cheer (she is an upcoming freshman). She will be at the school where I teach, and typically here everyone with any ability makes the team. I have been asked to coach the JV squad (freshman must be on JV). We are a non mount school district so no stunting. No tumbling above a tuck. I am looking to up our game a bit on home pom dances, ect. Anyone have advice for training resources to clean motions, tech dance ect?

I would highly suggest a home camp if you're going to do a camp.

I coach a Varsity team and recently, we've moved toward a home camp experience because it is tailored to YOUR TEAM.

EX: If you know your JV girls need the bare basics of cheer like motions, game day material, etc. the staff customizes the camp to fit that. Our JV is all sideline and an exhibition or 2 so the focus of their camp is on gameday.

It's the result of a lawsuit. A girl had a spinal injury about 20 years ago. The decision for camp has already been made. We are going to a 3 day sleep away camp. I am coming into this with an established Varsity coach. She was not a cheerleader and pretty much lets the captians run the squad. They have little to no choreography skill, so what we get is not great. I am going to try to get her to hire someone locally to come in and do some home pom chorepgraphy for us. There is a college girl that has taught my child for years I would like to hire. She works with some local private school squads who can build and her stuff is good.

Back