Weird Pain When Doing The Splits

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jun 29, 2020
So I had been stretching my splits daily for about a week, I stretched a lot bc I wanted to get them quickly. About 5 days ago, I slid into my side splits and got a weird pain in my butt/upper inner thigh at the back of my thigh. It's like an uncomfortable pain, not unbearable or severe but it still worries me. I rested it for 5 days but I just tried again and the pain isn't gone?? It doesn't hurt when I walk or sit or do anything but the splits and I didn't hear a pop or any weird noise. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what to do or what the issue could be? Will it ever go away? I've tried looking it up online but everyone else seems to have different issues. Btw I only stretch after working out so ik its not that. I'm very worried bc if I can't get my splits then I can't get some of the body positions the coaches wants for tryouts in September. I posted this in skills too but it looks like thats not very active so I posted it here too

So I had been stretching my splits daily for about a week, I stretched a lot bc I wanted to get them quickly. About 5 days ago, I slid into my side splits and got a weird pain in my butt/upper inner thigh at the back of my thigh. It's like an uncomfortable pain, not unbearable or severe but it still worries me. I rested it for 5 days but I just tried again and the pain isn't gone?? It doesn't hurt when I walk or sit or do anything but the splits and I didn't hear a pop or any weird noise. I'm just wondering if anyone knows what to do or what the issue could be? Will it ever go away? I've tried looking it up online but everyone else seems to have different issues. Btw I only stretch after working out so ik its not that. I'm very worried bc if I can't get my splits then I can't get some of the body positions the coaches wants for tryouts in September. I posted this in skills too but it looks like thats not very active so I posted it here too
I’m not a reliable source of medical information no matter how much I love medicine and biology. But it sounds to me as if you’ve pulled a gluteus muscle. Lots of rest and ice/heat. And patience. If it goes on for an extended period, I would consult a medical professional to make sure you haven’t torn anything. Feel better :)

Back