What are the top 3 topics in cheerleading?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I can understand what you are saying King about athlete credentialing not being very effective. I know my oldest daughter went from a tuck to a double full in one year's time. It would be really hard to keep up with kids who progress really fast or those kids who have mental block as you said. I like the IDEA of credentialing, but I'm not sure it would work the way we think it would. I think it would end up holding kids back more than anything.

I am more interested in universal rules that are enforceable and actionable every time, irrespective of level or gym status than I am in a universal score sheet.

I think that athletes should have hard and fast age divisions with a top AND bottom age.

I think all these are great ideas but
1. All saying crossovers are bad. Gyms under 100 allstar members need these crossovers, so I disagree with those that state this comment
2. Olympics one day- I would love to see this but... loop holes and rules have to be 100% legit before this will ever happen!

Thanks
I agree with the smaller gyms need crossovers our senior 3 team would have had only 9 girls on it, and we didn't have a different senior team to put them on. Since we don't have a level 4 team a few girls volunteered to crossover from our senior 5 so we were able to have a small senior level 3. It's not like the level 5 girls were throwing fulls and raising difficulty on a level 3 team, they just needed the extra people so they could compete and they had an amazing season!

Wow how views of the Universal scoresheet have changed in such a short time!! Im so stoked to see so many people that are in favor of it!!! Now as far as credentialing, I don't agree with it at ALL!!! I don't think any kid or coach should be required to take those garbage tests and pay money to say what level athlete or coach they are. If you wanna pay the money for insurance I am all for that. Now as for I.D. tags/cards I am 100% in favor! I really like the "Judges Levels" that ACEDAD presented. Currently anyone can judge and there are too many with little or no experience that are judging, just shouldn't happen.
Well I am glad to see these kinds of chats on here!!! Also love the fact USASF, Varsity people are looking and even taking action!!

Now as far as credentialing, I don't agree with it at ALL!!! I don't think any kid or coach should be required to take those garbage tests and pay money to say what level athlete or coach they are.

I understand that there are some discrepancies with the coach credentialing tests and I understand that some people aren't comfortable with the athlete credentialing.

But, in general, what is your opposition to coach credentialing? Because, frankly, I think it's a fantastic idea. I think it should be improved rather than trashed.

What would you like to see different?

Across the board rules!! Can you imagine what other sports would be like if they had the hodgepodge of rules cheer has? It's crazy to think that a team has to think about changing rules from competition to competition...and re-work their routine accordingly!! What's the big deal? Just do it! "Invite" the competition companies participate, votes could be taken democratically, come to a consensus, and allow those who follow those rules to have a credential that they can use to advertise! Gyms will support the comps that have seamless rules, right? Why WOULDN'T we want sport-wide rules?

Across the board rules!! Can you imagine what other sports would be like if they had the hodgepodge of rules cheer has? It's crazy to think that a team has to think about changing rules from competition to competition...and re-work their routine accordingly!! What's the big deal? Just do it! "Invite" the competition companies participate, votes could be taken democratically, come to a consensus, and allow those who follow those rules to have a credential that they can use to advertise! Gyms will support the comps that have seamless rules, right? Why WOULDN'T we want sport-wide rules?

Ummm, it's been this way since 2004.

I have not seen this mentioned anywhere but i might be wrong. what about until a system is set up within cheerleading to verify cheerleaders, a rule all cheerleaders need a passport to be on a level 5 team that will attend worldsmut have a passport. the passport is a legal form of id that is the same in every state issued by the federal government. it can not be forged without penalty of law. so any team going for a bid must submit a roster and a copy of every pasport to the competition. when they get the bid they must again submit the roster and copy of the passport within a week to usasf. when checking in at worlds they must have the passport with them. If every gym made it the rule to have one it could be done they are less then 100 they make it easier to fly any way and it is the same for every kid in every state. just my thoughts on a way to reduce the chances of cheating.

The part of coaching credentialing that I don't understand that I as a coach can coach a team that wins a comp, or better yet gets a bid to worlds, is that not credentialing? I think that in itself shows a coaches "credentials". Now if its a process that assists in training a coach such as certificates in training, or if you want to credential based on training then I could get behind that. I just don't see the benefits of being credentialed other than its required to have in order to go to warm ups at Worlds, (which doesn't make sense to me, I was good enough to train a team to get them to Worlds but not to compete?) Again let me say, if it is a process that would have some sort of certification training then I can understand, just taking a BOGUS test I just don't get. How is taking a test prove that your a good coach? Or even a qualified coach. Furthermore its kind of annoying to look so many coaches that have YEARS of gymnastics and collegiate cheerleading experience and some random can take a test that automatically (on paper) puts them on the same level. I really liked the way conferences were held following Worlds. I truly believe that should be when and where "credentialing" should take place.

100% in favor of certification. I've said it before, but I would like to see levels of certification like the coaches/athletes.

Level 1 could judge competitions held in high school gyms
Level 2 could judge locals
Level 3 could judge regionals
Level 4 could judge nationals
Level 5 could judge Worlds

As an example.

We have to find a way to get new, competent judges involved in the sport.

This would be absolutely fantastic if put into play. There have been so many arguments about certified vs. non-certified Legality Judges this year that it's made me wonder if anything will ever be done about panel judges as well. I would love to see this happen. Great idea, ACEDAD!

Back