All-Star What Are Those Curlers Called?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Feb 13, 2012
I always see girls at competitions with those pink and orange curlers in their hair, and their hair is like curled but it it kinda inside the pink and orange things. If anyone know what I am talking about what are they called and where can I get them???

I'm going to go ahead and vote down this thread now before we get 20 pages of "curlformers" like that "What team is this?" thread...;):p

Nothing directed at the first two posters who clearly were posting at the same time...

Before you torpedo the thread let me say that the curlformers can be bought in many sizes. Most of the kids I know with shoulder length or longer hair but the extra wide extra long bundle or the curlformers arent long enough.

Also, I just want to add that both my cps have very long hair and I had to double up long/narrow curformers on each strand to get them to work. The long ones are blue and green!

Also, I just want to add that both my cps have very long hair and I had to double up long/narrow curformers on each strand to get them to work. The long ones are blue and green!
That is actually what is suggested by the manufacture. As a stylist the concept still amazes me!

the blue and green actually are only for hair up to 14 inches and the pink and orange are up to 22 inches. (there are two different sets that are both pink and orange though, so make sure you get the right ones.)

my hair exceeds the 22 inches anyway, but just as an FYI to anyone buying them. :)

If you look at the website, the colors are actually width, not length. Blue and green are narrow and pink and orange are wide. The 2 different colors in each set are the different directions the spiral goes (clockwise and counter clockwise). Both wide and narrow come in long and short lengths at sally.

They work great, but I strongly recommended watching a youtube video on how to use them instead of the directions on the package.

oops, maybe I bought the shorter ones since I had to buy two sets for each of them. In any case, it works okay to double up on them, but because my girls' hair is thinner on the ends it wasn't a very consistent curl. And there were a couple of rather tangled moments trying to hook through with the curlers already on 1/2 the strand of hair. I ended up finding another way to go...

You can buy them on EBay for significantly less. I love them and have had great results on my girls' hair, but their hair is fine and thin.

Started using these this season and we loved them. Using the pink & orange ones pretty much guarantees you get the ends included in the curler which makes the entire curl look much prettier. Definitely watch a youtube vid before trying them the first time and use on damp hair with spray gel. Would never go back to traditional curlers, and my cp's hair does not curl well with a wand nor am I very good at it. These are very easy once you get the hang of it.

Do you get enough in each pack to do the whole of your hair to a decent standard? Considering them even tho my hair is curly as straightening then using these may tame the frizzy bush :L

Curlformers do work great, but my tender-headed CP does not like them. It was nothing but a big cry fest when I put them in. I may have pulled them to tight to the scalp, I don't know. And she cried when she tried to sleep in them. But they were gorgeous curls. I will save them and try again in a couple years LOL.

Back