High School What Are Your School Colors?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Our county has a total of 198 Public Schools (36HS, 32MS, 86ES, & 44 PreK) we have only 1 HS in our township, 1 MS, 1 ES, and 1 PreK....pretty small

I am watching Homecoming videos on YouTube, and I just found videos of a school called Edmonds Woodway HS, and their colors are purple, green, gold and orange (according to their Wikipedia page). No joke.

So, my high school is fairly new (circa 2005), so the summer before they opened, there was a spirit club formed and they got to decide the colors the school would wear...there were numerous CEA athletes on the panel, so it *coincidentally* ended up being teal, black and silver (sometimes white). I think it's funny because my freshman year was the year I switched gyms, but for some reason I was always stuck in teal lol.

My college (Western Carolina University) is Purple and Gold. Do not mistake us for that one school over the mountain that wears Gold and Black. Just don't.

Los Alamitos has the best colors, IMO: red and royal blue, with bright gold accents. They have always worn their colors on white uniforms.

So many uniform possibilities. :cloud9:

And then there's me...
8 elementary schools
6 middle school/junior highs
5 high schools
And the biggest high school has 517...so yeah my eyes widened at the first number, which turns out wasn't that large, apparently. Also, I think the Chicago equivalent of "everything South of Chicago is Southern Illinois" is "all of Cook County is Chicago" if that makes sense at all lol

Oh, no, I'm from Central Illinois. In our county we have 5 HS (3 of which also contain junior high), 2 "true" junior highs, and 7 elementary schools. Smallest HS has 75 (yep 75 including the junior high) and largest has around 1000. We basically have two larger high schools and then 3 very small high schools that even if they combined (which has been considered) still would be smaller than the other two. Say what you want about Rural Illinois, but I like knowing everyone at the school in which I coach, it's so personal. I have coached one girl for her whole high school career and have watched the 10 senior basketball boys go from JV newbies to Varsity all stars. I love it!!

As for colors, the largest high school is Purple and Gold, other large school is Orange, Navy, and White (ILLINI COLORS!!), then we have us with Scarlet Red and Grey, smallest school with Black and Gold (but they use yellow instead of gold), and then black and orange for the other. We have a good array of colors when it comes to the teams we play but our mascots are so similar and then we have some that are hilarious. First for the similar Mohawks, Indians, Redskins, Chiefs. Now for the hilarious... Pretzels (yep like the snack food), Wooden Shoes (yep, like those worn in Holland), Bunnies (don't even get me started), Midgets (I'm thinking it's suppose to be like the race car midgets and not little people), and Flaming Hearts (????).
P.S. if these are one of your mascots please don't be offended, I'm sure you've heard all the jokes about the mascots and I would love to hear the story behind some of these!

Oh, no, I'm from Central Illinois. In our county we have 5 HS (3 of which also contain junior high), 2 "true" junior highs, and 7 elementary schools. Smallest HS has 75 (yep 75 including the junior high) and largest has around 1000. We basically have two larger high schools and then 3 very small high schools that even if they combined (which has been considered) still would be smaller than the other two. Say what you want about Rural Illinois, but I like knowing everyone at the school in which I coach, it's so personal. I have coached one girl for her whole high school career and have watched the 10 senior basketball boys go from JV newbies to Varsity all stars. I love it!!

As for colors, the largest high school is Purple and Gold, other large school is Orange, Navy, and White (ILLINI COLORS!!), then we have us with Scarlet Red and Grey, smallest school with Black and Gold (but they use yellow instead of gold), and then black and orange for the other. We have a good array of colors when it comes to the teams we play but our mascots are so similar and then we have some that are hilarious. First for the similar Mohawks, Indians, Redskins, Chiefs. Now for the hilarious... Pretzels (yep like the snack food), Wooden Shoes (yep, like those worn in Holland), Bunnies (don't even get me started), Midgets (I'm thinking it's suppose to be like the race car midgets and not little people), and Flaming Hearts (????).
P.S. if these are one of your mascots please don't be offended, I'm sure you've heard all the jokes about the mascots and I would love to hear the story behind some of these!
We played the Pretzels in playoffs last year! And my friend always talks about how her dad's mascot was the Flaming Hearts. I love how everyone in Central Illinois can recognize each other by simple things like that!
ETA: I think my mom has talked about the Bunnies before and I'm pretty sure I've heard of the Wooden Shoes one way or another. After reading all of these, my mascot seems so boring!

We played the Pretzels in playoffs last year! And my friend always talks about how her dad's mascot was the Flaming Hearts. I love how everyone in Central Illinois can recognize each other by simple things like that!
ETA: I think my mom has talked about the Bunnies before and I'm pretty sure I've heard of the Wooden Shoes one way or another. After reading all of these, my mascot seems so boring!
We have the Paper Makers and the Galloping Ghosts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have the Paper Makers and the Galloping Ghosts lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Further making me sad about my "normal" mascot. Kind of off topic, but I searched "CGB broncos" and another team came up along with ours. How random is that? It would be one thing if I'd searched "CGHS broncos" because I'm sure there are other high schools with abbreviations like that, but it's seriously the most absolutely random letters thrown together for the co-op that I would've never guessed that another team/school would come up

At one competition, we have approximately 11 Wildcats, 8 Panthers, Broncos, Sabers, Crimsons, Maroons, Rockets, Bullsogs, Spartans, Sages, Tigers (with amazing bows), Minutemen and the Pretzels. One competition. I think Illinois might be a little bit crazy.

At one competition, we have approximately 11 Wildcats, 8 Panthers, Broncos, Sabers, Crimsons, Maroons, Rockets, Bullsogs, Spartans, Sages, Tigers (with amazing bows), Minutemen and the Pretzels. One competition. I think Illinois might be a little bit crazy.

I know exactly where you are from now!! Not too far away since my hubby was a Bomber and I know the area! Good luck this season with competition, we seen your team last year at comps, if I remember correctly you had a guy that could tumble his butt off!

Back