High School What Are Your School Colors?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Elementary school- Atoms, light blue and white

Middle school- Vikings, green and white

First high school- Chemics, blue and gold

Second high school- Chargers, forest green and gold

College- Wildcats, forest green and gold

College I'm transferring to- Chippewas, maroon and gold

Edited to add that the unofficial mascot of the high school I graduated from was the Pillsbury Doughboy

Lol I suck, I didn't realize this was the high school three because I was posting from my phone. But since everyone is adding more schools/mascots I'll update mine!

Elementary School:
Vikings
Green and white

Middle school:
Blue jays
Blue, black, and white

Junior High:
Blue Jays
Blue, black, and white

High School:
Blue Jays
Blue, black, and white

College:
Pioneers
Red, navy, and white

Lol I post from my phone to and I saw someone else post elementary and I'm like yay Jaylen is only in 4th grade and has attended 5 schools so I have a ton to add. And now I feel bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I post from my phone to and I saw someone else post elementary and I'm like yay Jaylen is only in 4th grade and has attended 5 schools so I have a ton to add. And now I feel bad lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I attended 5 elementary schools lol. I only included one because I spent 2nd grade to 5th grade there.

Jr high was navy, red and white, then changed to royal blue, red and white, then changed to blue and white, then that school was ripped down and the new school combined my school and the other school in the areas colours, navy, teal and white. (gross)
High school was red and black.
University is maroon and white.

My elementary/junior high (same school for it all) was the Tigers and we were blue and gold, but really the gold was yellow, never a real gold color.
My high school was the Ponies (yep same town) and we were black and orange.
As of about 10 years ago they changed the junior high to the Ponies as well and they all use black and orange as their colors. The high school bought some uniforms that are mostly black with a metallic burnt orange (doesn't match anything else).
Here's my beef, I have a red/orange deficiency so when we played teams that had red uniforms and we have orange uniforms, I couldn't tell the difference. : (

My kids elementary colors are Blue and White (Superstars) and Red and White (Mustangs). The junior high is red and white (Terriers) and the high school is purple and gold (Tornadoes). Shouldn't there be some sort of continuity in a town that is relatively small? Seems weird to go from a little yappy dog as a mascot to a force of nature capable of mass destruction.

The town I coach was considering consolidation, no word as to what the colors were going to be but they wanted to be the Rattlers. I can barely pronounce that correctly let alone yell it.

My high school, which is the same one I now coach at, has royal, gold (athletic gold), and white as their colors.

My elementary/junior high (same school for it all) was the Tigers and we were blue and gold, but really the gold was yellow, never a real gold color.
My high school was the Ponies (yep same town) and we were black and orange.
As of about 10 years ago they changed the junior high to the Ponies as well and they all use black and orange as their colors. The high school bought some uniforms that are mostly black with a metallic burnt orange (doesn't match anything else).
Here's my beef, I have a red/orange deficiency so when we played teams that had red uniforms and we have orange uniforms, I couldn't tell the difference. : (

My kids elementary colors are Blue and White (Superstars) and Red and White (Mustangs). The junior high is red and white (Terriers) and the high school is purple and gold (Tornadoes). Shouldn't there be some sort of continuity in a town that is relatively small? Seems weird to go from a little yappy dog as a mascot to a force of nature capable of mass destruction.

The town I coach was considering consolidation, no word as to what the colors were going to be but they wanted to be the Rattlers. I can barely pronounce that correctly let alone yell it.
RATT-LERS

Since everyone is including mascots now...

Elementary: Lions and colors were blue and gold
Middle: Cobras and colors were green, black, and white
High school: Chargers and colors are blue, gold, and white

Mine:

Grade School (K-8): Royal Blue and White, Blue Devils (has since been changed to Lightning, presumably because of the Satanic connotation of Blue Devils. :rolleyes:

High School: Black and Gold, Tigers

In college I cheered for University of Illinois: Orange and Blue, Fighting Illini

My daughter's:

Elementary: Columbia Blue and White, Polar Bears (because of the huge Polar Bear population we have here in Illinois, lol!)
Middle School: Purple and Gold, Lions
High School: Green and Gold, Gators Fun fact: They used to use the U of Florida Gator logo, but the University sent them a cease and desist letter, and they were forced to change the logo. The new one is cooler. I'm surprised that the University cared.

I'm from what I consider a fairly small town and I guess that's why I'm so surprised that all of these elementary and middle schools have different colors/mascots. We have 4 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 junior high, and 1 high school. All purple and gold with mascot as Bulldogs. Changing colors and mascots every few years when you enter a new school in the same town is so weird to me.

I'm from what I consider a fairly small town and I guess that's why I'm so surprised that all of these elementary and middle schools have different colors/mascots. We have 4 elementary schools, 1 middle school, 1 junior high, and 1 high school. All purple and gold with mascot as Bulldogs. Changing colors and mascots every few years when you enter a new school in the same town is so weird to me.
I thought the same thing! We have 1 elementary school, 1 middle school, and 1 high school. All orange and navy. All Broncos.

I moved a lot.

Most of the small towns around here keep the same colors and mascots except one which built a new high school and then had to close down the old one due to mold.

There are a few other exceptions. One county has one huge high school and all the feeder elementary (k-8) schools have sports teams. They need different mascots and colors. The high school has a different mascot and colors which I feel is the right choice. This is what happens in lots of places.

Back