What Did Senior Elite Do?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Sep 20, 2012
The Majors is a cheer competition where 10 teams from across the U.S. are chosen to come and compete. It occurred recently, January 18th, and all the teams were amazing, especially my personal fave, senior elite! They had only 1 bobble and their new pyramid left me awestruck! But apparently, they did a skill that was illegal which gave them a deduction causing Cali Aces (Medium Sr5) to win. What did they do that was illegal??? If anybody knows plz tell me! Thanks!

I've heard the helicopter toss, however I'm not sure. After thinking about it for a week or so I rewarched the video and the helicopter tosses should not have been called at all. Andre correct me if I'm wrong in my logic but from the video they barely went to head height. To be restricted in toss skills in level 5 it would have to be 18 inches above extended arm level (measured from where the legs would be in an upright position), ie the tosses would have had to been MASSIVE, which they weren't. It was simply a release move that is legal regardless of where the catchers were.

CSP tweeted her reply to all of this. Something about a discretionary call about stationary catchers in the pyramid.

someone close to me is really good friends with Courtney smith pope, i saw the score sheets and everything, they did not have a spotter at head/shoulders to catch the helicopter, making it illegal, giving them a huge deduction, if they wouldn't of gotten that deduction, they would've been first, instead of 3rd..

I've heard the helicopter toss, however I'm not sure. After thinking about it for a week or so I rewarched the video and the helicopter tosses should not have been called at all. Andre correct me if I'm wrong in my logic but from the video they barely went to head height. To be restricted in toss skills in level 5 it would have to be 18 inches above extended arm level (measured from where the legs would be in an upright position), ie the tosses would have had to been MASSIVE, which they weren't. It was simply a release move that is legal regardless of where the catchers were.

It wasn't the helicopters.

Back