All-Star What Did You Love About Nca?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 18, 2009
Im sure we could all share a thing or two about what we didnt like about nca but what moment stuck out to you the most that you loved? I have a few...

1) Seeing Courtney Smith Pope hug her daughter after youth elite won put the biggest smile on my face :) kodak moment
2) Watching the crowd be SO supportive of Cheetahs & Panthers made me love this sport so much more
3) Walking into the cali room seeing smoed and meeting people from that gym was one moment ill never forget
4) Cheer Central Suns special needs team is one of the best ive ever seen!! so amazing
5) Getting to meet SO many of you, also made my weekend amazing!
6) Seeing Fiercekatz win & Get PAID!!! So happy for those girls! & Watching JAGS serve it day 2!!
7) Also watching Generals get paid too was amazing! I hope it was worth the wait :)
8) Lastly seeing SOO many people come out & support at CA showoff Friday

Even though my team didnt win, Im not upset. I am so honored to be apart of such an incredible program. Our coaches are one of a kind & SO supportive!<3

1) I liked how (at least with our team...ha ha ha) particular the judges were in scoring execution. I like knowing that the teams that weren't in sync and sharp weren't going to score well and possibly out beat a team just because they had difficulty. Granted, this is what made CP's team lose, because they just weren't their cleanest this weekend, but that's how it should be!
2) I loved how most people were at least civil. I didn't run into any nastiness at all.
3) I love how this is the first year CP (she just turned 9) has realized what a big deal NCA is and so she had a new level of excitement the entire weekend.
4) My CP met a girl from Shooting Stars who was so nice to her! It REALLY made my cp's day. The SS girl had a really cool story and was so encouraging to CP. I didn't even realize it had happened because I was dealing with my toddler at the time. And here comes my husband and CP all running over saying "OMG mom!" it was so cute.
5) CP also thinks she had a Kiara Nowlin sighting and she was squealing, just to have potentially seen her. I asked her how she knew it was Kiara and she said "because her legs were so big with MUSCLES!" LOL

1) I liked how (at least with our team...ha ha ha) particular the judges were in scoring execution. I like knowing that the teams that weren't in sync and sharp weren't going to score well and possibly out beat a team just because they had difficulty. Granted, this is what made CP's team lose, because they just weren't their cleanest this weekend, but that's how it should be!
2) I loved how most people were at least civil. I didn't run into any nastiness at all.
3) I love how this is the first year CP (she just turned 9) has realized what a big deal NCA is and so she had a new level of excitement the entire weekend.
4) My CP met a girl from Shooting Stars who was so nice to her! It REALLY made my cp's day. The SS girl had a really cool story and was so encouraging to CP. I didn't even realize it had happened because I was dealing with my toddler at the time. And here comes my husband and CP all running over saying "OMG mom!" it was so cute.
5) CP also thinks she had a Kiara Nowlin sighting and she was squealing, just to have potentially seen her. I asked her how she knew it was Kiara and she said "because her legs were so big with MUSCLES!" LOL
Your daughter and I have that in common... except I'm 17. I saw her at Worlds last year and I felt as if I was looking at someone like Elvis.

1) Having so many friends in one place at one time and being able to spend real time together.
2) Watching SOT and how they seem to perform as one single person. So in sync, despite any 'mistakes'.
3) UA Prodigy's dance, making me want to jump up and dance in the aisles - igniting the excitement I used to feel years ago. A feeling I thought had been permanently dulled or killed by repetition.
4) Watching Cheer Athletics Panthers and thinking "this is the whole package, what it is all about"
5) Finding parking close to the entrance, in the garage, on Day One :p

Well...I wasn't there lol. But I was really happy with most of the placements! Some of my favorite teams won, so it made for a good end of vacation.

1) i loved finally getting to meet so many people who I have tweeted and face booked with
2) i loved having our special needs team there performing
3) i was really excited that panthers and cheetahs brought the house down!
4) i was really happy to see when I was sitting with our special needs team on the side of the floor waiting for awards the Colonels cheered for each jr lvl 5 team in their division.

10f8711.jpg

awesome picture from this weekend! :)

Standing backstage before awards with the lg jr coed 4 teams and talking to a bunch of the WC starburst kids - was fun talking to them and they had a great 2nd day! Of course, seeing "my" kids faces when they won was priceless, but sure was fun seeing my Thundercats and Starburst really enjoying meeting and talking to each other!!

The sportsmanship..watching SE cheer for shooting stars on Sunday was awesome these are the lessons I want my CP to learn.
My daughters team Spirit Explosion Fire Junior 4 won this weekend, they competed against Brandon junior silver( a great team) Brandon ended up in third, they did not have a great day 1, but as my cps team came off the mat after awards our other 2 teams formed a tunnel with their arms, here's where it gets good...the kids from brandon junior silver jumped in at the end of the tunnel and told our kids how great they were and congratulations. This was an amazing thing and ment so much to our girls. BIG SHOUT OUT TO BRANDON!!!Humble in victory and gracious in defeat!!!

The amount of people that were at NCA was amazing. My favorite part had to be the crowd. Even if a team was performing that nobody has heard of before, the crowd would still cheer them on and say "hit hit hit pull" The crowd gave each team so much adrenaline and excitement while performing on the floor.

Back