OT What did you think of Hellcats?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Oh, I think the thing that bothered me the most was, when they kept letting Aly (Marti?) fall over & over and over again when they were working on, I think they called it a helicopter?, I realize it's on a mat, but I don't think I've ever heard of any coaches any where allowing people to drop their flyers without so much as trying to catch them because she was falling on a mat. If you're trying to show that you're working a stunt, fine, dropping a stunt, fine, but the bases should have been falling on the ground as well, not just letting her hit the mat over and over again.

And this is another petty detail only a cheerleader would notice, but who practices in full out uniform? Or a uniform skirt & sports bra.

Lol I was cracking up on this part!! Ct just went to the third state that had mandatory concussion training for all school coaches (high school middle elementary). And all I could think of was oh boy that girl would DEF have a concussion with all of those smacks to the bak of her head!

You can also catch it on the CW website. I watched both episodes on there because I've been waiting to see what people thought before devoting more precious DVR space to it. I didn't think it was half bad. I think the "tryout" was a total rip off from Bring It On, and the fact she rented that video to learn about cheer was ridiculous. The "Cyclones" had full uni's because they were supposed to be from a religious school. I also can't get over the whole Disney roster raiding they did for the cast...
I prefer watching the Cheerios on Glee, the madonna routine with the stilts was hilarious. This last week with Becky helping Sue with tryouts was great. And I prefer "Fired Up!" over Bring It On any day of the week.

You can also catch it on the CW website. I watched both episodes on there because I've been waiting to see what people thought before devoting more precious DVR space to it. I didn't think it was half bad. I think the "tryout" was a total rip off from Bring It On, and the fact she rented that video to learn about cheer was ridiculous. The "Cyclones" had full uni's because they were supposed to be from a religious school. I also can't get over the whole Disney roster raiding they did for the cast...
I prefer watching the Cheerios on Glee, the madonna routine with the stilts was hilarious. This last week with Becky helping Sue with tryouts was great. And I prefer "Fired Up!" over Bring It On any day of the week.

The fact that my brother watched and loved Fired Up! tells you a lot..he hates cheer movies. Personally, I thought their acting itself (on Fired Up!) was fantastic (for once). The friend-chemistry between the two boys was spectacular..loved it.

Idk if anyone caught it, but in the last episode, they made mention of the recent lawsuit that involved a volleyball team suing the school with the claim that "cheerleading is not a sport," and the issue of cheer scholarships being taken away due to the ruling. Kind of thought that was nice and relevant.....may have just been a coincidence though......

It's okay. One thing that does irritate me is that Marti doesn't really have pretty tumbling. At the tryouts her tumbling was definitely not the best and she's supposed to be coming in with a gymnastics background. I think they need a new and improved stunt double for her.

i dont like the name they are giving us on that show, noone in my gym is like that, and it just makes me mad thats how people really are

The next Hellcats Episode...

The next episode (#4) actually has some decent skills and cheer elements in there... yes, it's a bit on the 'not traditional side' but when you compare this to how daytime television usually portrays us...

Not so bad...

Enjoy this preview of the Bid Video Qualification in the making and Good Job to the Vancouver All Stars that were used to make the Scenes happen...

!

I really like the show -- I know there is a lot if stretching of the truth, but at least they do tend to show some pretty decent skills. Its a fun show -- I think too many people tend to take things seriously instead of just enjoying story lines as just that a story.

Back