College What Do Yall Think About Weatherford Juco Dropping To Intermidiate

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I was actaully kind of shocked when I heard. They are usually such a good team in Juco, did they just not pull in the talent they usually do or what? With the scholarships they offer it seems that they would be able to get tons of talent.

I am on Weatherford College...we had the talent, but just not the responsible athletes. ALOT of people failed and lost their scholarships so therefore decided not to return second semester. So our coach decided based on what we had left that it would be better to go to the division that we would have the best shot in competing in. This has happened before to WC like 5 years ago I think, and they won the intermediate division, so we'll see. Just goes to prove that college does come first, cheerleading is a privilege.

So sad for those athletes that worked their butts of academically and physically for cheer. Best wishes to the team the rest of the season and I am sure they will kick butt at NCA.

It was 2007 when they dropped down to intermediate. I cheered on Indiana state when we won in 06 and then in 07, weatherford beat us by a pretty big point gap. 1st (weatherford) and second place(Indiana state university) had about 1.1 difference and second to third was roughly 0.04 and same for the next couple of placements. at the time it seemed unfair but like "Littlestunter4848" stated, they just lost a lot of people and decided to drop down a division.

I kinda dont understand programs, Tvcc and NAvarro have taken 1st and 2nd the past 20 years, They both give out amazing schloarships. Why would you go anywhere else in the Ju-co division. I know things happened with tvcc last year, but after the prove themselves this year I dont know why people would cheer anywhere else. And I wish weatherford was staying in the division. We wanted alot of competetion.

I kinda dont understand programs, Tvcc and NAvarro have taken 1st and 2nd the past 20 years, They both give out amazing schloarships. Why would you go anywhere else in the Ju-co division. I know things happened with tvcc last year, but after the prove themselves this year I dont know why people would cheer anywhere else. And I wish weatherford was staying in the division. We wanted alot of competetion.

Its all preference. Yea Tvcc and Navarro are great cheer teams but there both in small towns, and the dorms are small. Weatherford is only 20 min away from fort worth, and has an all-star gym with an amazing tumbling facility with in walking distance from the dorms. And its your preference of coaching style too, our coach is hands on. Though Weatherford hasn't won any titles they send there athletes everywhere, OSU, Tech, HPU and University of Kentucky. The only difference really is WC cheerleaders don't get juco rings. And I know Tyler has its advantages over TVCC Navarro and WC too. Its all about priorities, if winning is your number one then yea i agree with you, no better place than those two schools. But sometimes there are more factors that contribute to the decision.

Its all preference. Yea Tvcc and Navarro are great cheer teams but there both in small towns, and the dorms are small. Weatherford is only 20 min away from fort worth, and has an all-star gym with an amazing tumbling facility with in walking distance from the dorms. And its your preference of coaching style too, our coach is hands on. Though Weatherford hasn't won any titles they send there athletes everywhere, OSU, Tech, HPU and University of Kentucky. The only difference really is WC cheerleaders don't get juco rings. And I know Tyler has its advantages over TVCC Navarro and WC too. Its all about priorities, if winning is your number one then yea i agree with you, no better place than those two schools. But sometimes there are more factors that contribute to the decision.

Yea I understand what you mean, Everyone likes different things.

Back