OT What Do You Do On Planes To Stay Occupied?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Jul 11, 2010
I have a really long flight for Cheersport, what can you do to keep yourself busy on a plane?

I don't really take planes all that often. HATE them too.

Sleep if I can get in a comfortable position. Listen to music, play games on my iPod, read a book, do some school work you might miss or not have time to do while your away.

coloring books never get old, no joke!
haha homework/reading (what i will be doing on my LONG flight to georgia)
word searches, sudokos
sleep if possible
ipod listening
write a letter/note to your friends, while they're all in school (also gonna be doing this) :p

I have a nook, and I just read read read read read. It fits in my purse, so I always have it with me. Waiting rooms etc, never know when you'll need a book!

coloring books never get old, no joke!
haha homework/reading (what i will be doing on my LONG flight to georgia)
word searches, sudokos
sleep if possible
ipod listening
write a letter/note to your friends, while they're all in school (also gonna be doing this) :p
its ok lol im driving -__-

I always color on long flights. No joke your never too old to color. Haha or sleep... I have to do something that will keep me quiet or I will end up laughing and causing everyone else around me to be loud. Lol

This may be really nerdy, my friends tell me I'm like a grandmother because of this, but I love to do word searches, especially on flights. They pass the time and they're addictive. :)

I LOVE word searches!! But I love those "Fill In" puzzles better! They are my addiction, have you ever tried them? They are KINDA like crosswords in that there are boxes where you fill in words, but the words are given to you in an answer key. Doing those while listening to music such a great way to unwind and end your night!

Are you traveling with a team mate? Sometimes little whiteboards and fun colored whiteboard markers are cool to have. I mean, who doesn't like using them? I'm in college and I always have a BLAST playing with them! (I'm a kid at heart, I'll never grow up. I refuse to!) You can just draw or play hangman or stupid games the whole way. You could bring friendship bracelet thread and make bracelets in your team colors for your team mates for good luck (if you have LOTS of time on the plane). You could download cheer videos to your laptop and watch them the entire way there. Decks of cards are always good to have on hand. Everyone loves playing cards, you might even meet a new friend on the plane! Sometimes on long rides (especially on bus rides) I would shuffle a deck and the put them back in order over and over. It's relaxing.

I always color on long flights. No joke your never too old to color. Haha or sleep... I have to do something that will keep me quiet or I will end up laughing and causing everyone else around me to be loud. Lol

I colored for the most part of my flight to and from Ireland, makes the time pass & I love it... and that was a LONG flight!

The bus I rode when I went in 2008 took 18+ hours to get to Atlanta. NEVER. AGAIN. The seats were so crammed and the movie had to be G since there were mini girls on the bus. Made for some good memories though! I fly to California a lot, and basically what everyone else has said: books, crosswords, magazines, ipod, coloring books, portable dvd player, etc. But there's nothing worse then somebody who snores on a plane, or the infamous crying baby. or the person next to you that won't shut their light off/turn off their blasting air conditioning. or the kid that keeps kicking your seat. or the person who decides to recline all the way back since their parents apparently never taught them flying etiquette. All of these are terrible on long flights like that. I'm always eyeing up the emergency exit saying "It's only 10,000 feet......" haha I need to marry rich so I can just ride on a private jet.

Dramamine, a pillow and my iPod. I'm terrified of flying alone.

Or I bring my computer, put it on airplane mode and watch a movie.

On my flight to Cheersport the last time I went, my two friends and I played games where we had to draw something with our eyes closed and the other two had to guess what it was. It was hysterical!

Back