OT What Do You Love To See In Routines?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
Nov 9, 2010
I noticed that there were a lot of the pet peeve ones so this one is about what you love to see in routines. Like your favorite stunts, tumbling, dances and music.

Here are mine
- I love any pass with a front tuck in it... Idk why I just always liked the look of them.
- pike arch basket tosses because they look really good when they have a good arch.
- good scorpions in any stunt I love scorpions because they are so pretty haha.

confidence. a team could go out and do forward rolls. but if they are fierce and confident then they'll look great.

when they know it was a perfect routine and they work it in the dance. Also when they are doing the stunt sequence and after they hit the final part, that relieved smile. It makes me so happy to see people proud of themselves.

I agree with sofierce, confidence can make or break a team! :) We had a saying before we competed "getttt cocky" ha from Bring it On...only because we have worked SO hard on our routine, why not be cocky when you take the floor and show it off?! This coincides with confidence, but also walking with a purpose from spot to spot throughout the routine. I have seen so many cheerleaders "lollydag" to their dance spot etc. and it really distracts from the routine. I love clean transitions and no one crossing center!! Lastly, I like to see baskets go together versus rippled..either together or have the highest or specialty basket go last in the center.

I agree with sofierce, confidence can make or break a team! :) We had a saying before we competed "getttt cocky" ha from Bring it On...only because we have worked SO hard on our routine, why not be cocky when you take the floor and show it off?! This coincides with confidence, but also walking with a purpose from spot to spot throughout the routine. I have seen so many cheerleaders "lollydag" to their dance spot etc. and it really distracts from the routine. I love clean transitions and no one crossing center!! Lastly, I like to see baskets go together versus rippled..either together or have the highest or specialty basket go last in the center.

TOTTALLY AGREEEE! Performance can put you from first to third easily.
And i think that if you have to cross center, sell it. Do a motion or something so it looks calm and cool versus rushed. Even if you are running, take the distraction off your feet and bring attention to your face.

Synchronization is a big thing for me. When teams are off count it makes them look bad and could easily drop them points

i don't know why but i love the look of passes that start with frontwalkovers. this weekend i saw a team (level 4 ) and they had a bunch of frontwalkover to layouts. it just looked so graceful and pretty!

-Creative dances
-Arabian through to doubles
-Tons of synchronized tumbling
-Great flexibility
-Beautiful kick double baskets that are high and synchronized
-Overall fierceness

Latest posts

Back