All-Star What Do You Miss About Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I really miss chin-chins! So many people hate them, cause they are so difficult, but I really like them. No one seems to compete with them anymore.

I thought any flier with a decent scorp could do these... and i think they are hideous. But maybe thats just me.
Its like doing double hook jumps... just not necessary

I thought any flier with a decent scorp could do these... and i think they are hideous. But maybe thats just me.
All flyers with a decent scorp can pull it up, so to speak, but a lot have problem getting the foot to stay under the jaw.
I once saw a chin chin double down. It looked super hard to do!

Ooooo I like chin chins! They r fun. I got mine like a few days after I got my scorpion... They don't take as much flexibility as needles. I miss the curls too!!

Chin chins! We did those my first year at cheer express!

But besides stunts, I miss the nervousness before competing. I've been doing this for so long it's almost routein now(no pun intended) and I don't get that nervous anymore.

Im not a big CEA fan, but this makes me smile every time! Watch what the girls do when the routine ends, *this* is what I miss.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdllgtV_Zy8

Oh my..is it crazy that watching this & the other video posted both bring tears instantly to my eyes? Seriously..I miss this too. I mean-you can feel when you hit a perfect routine...it's in the audiences cheer, your coaches faces, and your teammates. Why hold it back? I think more often teams do this during awards versus after competing, but I absolutely love it after a flawless performance..it gets everyone else excited too!! I've been there and I can honestly say I attacked all around me..haha Just thinking about the hard work that has been put forward, the adrenaline rush that we just had..it's crazy! I understand some people may have an arugument against sportsmanship or whatever, but IMO if a routine hits--after the music stops and the ending pose has been held, go crazy!!! :D Thank you for posting this, it brought back amazing memories!

Not really, it's a lot about side flexibility, so a lot of people struggle with them cause it's like stretching a different area. Flyers with good scorps should be able to put their feet like behind their heads, but in front I find is quite difficult<3 What's a hook jump? x

Back