All-Star What Do You Miss About Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Oh my..is it crazy that watching this & the other video posted both bring tears instantly to my eyes? Seriously..I miss this too. I mean-you can feel when you hit a perfect routine...it's in the audiences cheer, your coaches faces, and your teammates. Why hold it back? I think more often teams do this during awards versus after competing, but I absolutely love it after a flawless performance..it gets everyone else excited too!! I've been there and I can honestly say I attacked all around me..haha Just thinking about the hard work that has been put forward, the adrenaline rush that we just had..it's crazy! I understand some people may have an arugument against sportsmanship or whatever, but IMO if a routine hits--after the music stops and the ending pose has been held, go crazy!!! :D Thank you for posting this, it brought back amazing memories!

I spirit even if the routine had flaws, after working my butt of for months. After all the blood, sweat, and tears.

After fighting so hard for perfection, no matter how the routine goes, I'm proud just to have been a part of it:)

I LOVE DOUBLE 9'S!!!!!!

Me too!! I did them in a jump off competition at UCA camp one year...some of the other cheerleaders were like whaaa? and others were in awe that I chose to use that jump! haha I think if double 9's are executed properly they are a beautiful jump! I'd bring 'em back any day! :)

I miss the point when some of the routines weren't so action packed that you could see the kids really enjoying themselves, instead of trying to breathe.

Me too!! I did them in a jump off competition at UCA camp one year...some of the other cheerleaders were like whaaa? and others were in awe that I chose to use that jump! haha I think if double 9's are executed properly they are a beautiful jump! I'd bring 'em back any day! :)
I did the same thing in a coaches jump off at summer camp as well. Only the announcer/some of the staff even knew what it was. She announced that I brought out a classic. I'm all for bringing them back. I think they are still in vogue in Hawaii.

i miss seeing really beast dances at the end (my favorite) now its been replaced by super long pyramids (and celine dion songs ;) )

I really miss when EVERY team had and did their cheer... there's a certain intensity whenever your doing a difficult routine and then suddenly the entire audience is screaming your gym's words! I always loved that.

I also can't really tell if this thread is about things we personally miss in our own cheer careers or just elements of allstar cheerleading that are pretty much faded trends, but I personally really miss hitting the last structure of the pyramid, knowing that the routine hit perfectly, and having nothing left but working the dance... SUCH a rush.

I miss when there was actually a lot of music in a routine, rather than tons of voiceovers.

I second this! IMO there needs to be a balance between voiceovers and music...typically more music. I was listening to older mixes today and I like most of them more than a lot of the mixes that are out today. Voiceovers are definitely a necessity in cheer mixes, but lately they create more animosity then anything else and take away from the routine itself. Then we can also get into teams with dances that are strictly voiceovers-cute or not cute?

I also miss the days when there werent 500 "nationals", there have been so many cheer companies that have popped up all over the country (thats a good thing) but I think that the true nationals where there is tough competition have been downgraded by all these other "national champions" that beat one team to win that title.

Back