All-Star What Do You Think About Before You Tumble? During Your Tumble Pass?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I dont even have ANY time to even breathe for my corner pass..Hahaha I hit corner on like 2 and have to go on like 4..So tiring..But I think to empathize the hardest skill in the combo :)

I tend to not try and think at all...apart from breathing. I'm known for holding my breath during tumble runs which is VERY bad when running a full routine, I feel like I'm going to have an asthma attack by the end, so whatever sort of tumbles I do I just try to think about breathing!

right before i tumble i remember to squeeze my legs when i roundolph. i also think about alll the hard work ive done to get my pass, and how good its gonna feel when i land:)

Wow you guys are so positive in the mind before you tumble. I am (or was, lol) the complete opposite. I had all the elements to be a decent tumbler but the fear always got the best of me. One wrong landing and it screwed me up for life, lol. When I was in the corner waiting to do my pass, all I was thinking was "I'm not going to go, what if I get hurt, I don't want to fall again, OMG I'm so scared. Shoot it's my turn......*runs out the corner*......hits pass....."Oh thank you Lord, thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you". I was really terrified of tumbling but I did it because I wanted to please my coaches. Ugh, it still makes my skin crawl.

I get to the corner and I'm next to last so I breathe and watch everyone else thinking I'm dead and there's no way I'm about to tumble. I say a prayer I just go hard and it's fine. I usually just remind myself to set my double especially if its a full double so I wont injur myself again.

I never really think I just wipe my mind clear and just think about what I'm doing, one element at a time. Because when i had tumbling blocks I could never trust myself to do what I was meant to do. And this might sound a tad corny but I always do a mini cross before i do anything harder than a full :]

While im in the corner or wherever im starting my pass i think BREATHE! and ive done this a hundred times before.

While in my pass i think fast roundoff, snap feet down in back handspring, now toes up. Then smile and whoohoo that was easy:)

my cp told me that she tries to think of absolutely nothing. she'll dance or sing in the corner or wherever she is before it's her turn to go. (not at comps but in tumbling class. she doesn't have a pass in the routine) she's been dealing with mental blocks for a while now but has recently made a small breakthrough. She's not eager to get back to where she was (working a full) right now though, we're focusing on getting her bhs again lol.

I think about what i just did before I go.. like this year im in the second pass for running so i think about popping and catching my flyer, then i literally turn around and have to go. It helps not having to think about it because when i do i never throw my last skill.

For standing I just think, "girl you better throw it or you are gonna b the one everyone in the crowd stares at for the rest of the routine...not in a good way"

Before I go I usually try to clear my head of everything but some "key words" for that pass. Like for standing tumbling I'm thinking "shoulders, shoulders, push, set, go!" Then huge sigh of relief when it's over lol. For long tumbling I think "BREATH, run, set, tight, and smile."

I pray to jesus. think what im going to do and just go! lol:D usually not thinking when I tumble.

some of these things i really feel like im going to use for my mental block. i feel once doing a handspring tuck and i havent tumbled in 3 months. i dont know why i should be afraid. i get ridiculously high out of roundoffs

This reminds me of a conversation that I had with my daughter (she's 7) not too long ago. She was doing an individual and I think I asked if she was nervous. She looked at me like I had two heads and said, "Dad...why would I be nervous? I'm going to nail this!" And she did.

My daughter's scared of spiders and the dark, but doing a specialty pass in front of hundreds of people all by herself? No big deal.

Back