All-Star What Do You Think About Before You Tumble? During Your Tumble Pass?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think about my running tumbling pass all throughout the routine, which i need to change because it scares me to death. Right before I go I think run hard and pull fast and hope to god you land

Nothing usually, I don't even have to try in my full which is my tumbling pass...but I've had a mental block for a while so Ive been doing layouts. But, I did a few fulls by myself a couple days ago so hopefully the block is gone and I can go back to just thinking "here goes nothing" before I do my pass.

if its a skill that i consistanly have and can throw like its nothing then i dont think about anything, but like when i throw i full i think about setting and keep saying set to myself through the run, the roundoff and the handspring

I only got my bhs & ro bhs a couple weekends ago, but after I saw this thread I actually thought about it during tumbling and I noticed I sing during my best ones.

Before i tumble a say the whole pass in my head sometimes i whisper it. Its kinda easier to say it quick if say it the english way. Like for backhandsprings we call it a flick and double twisting layouts we just say double. So before i go i think front walkout roundoff flick tuck in my head a few times then run.

I try not to think as much as possible before im going. for my roundoff bhs tuck during my backhandspring i think about pulling up with my arms as much as possible! :)

I think that it's my time to shine because your by yourself and everyone watches you, so hit no matter what :)

I've just gotten out of a block. My coach told me to verbally say "I can do a.."
So pretty much, I'm waiting to go saying "I can do my r/o bhs double and it will look friggin sexy. I can do my r/o.." and so on.
I start that when I'm on deck and at 1st my team was like 'is this chick crazy?' but now they know DO NOT TALK TO ME BEFORE WE GO ON THE MAT! That is my focus time:)

when i tumble, i try to think about the pass i am doing, but it's usually something more like this-

before- "dang, my ankle hurts. arg, suck it up, suck it up, suck it up"
during- "owww, my ankle really hurts. find the floor, find the floor."
after- "holy mother of god my ankle hurts like a mofo! walk it off, walk it off."

and yep, that's about it.

A lot of people I know always say "just don't think about it" when I'm tumbling, but if I don't think about it, I freak out! I say whatever I'm throwing in my head & tell myself I can do it!

when i tumble, i try to think about the pass i am doing, but it's usually something more like this-

before- "dang, my ankle hurts. arg, suck it up, suck it up, suck it up"
during- "owww, my ankle really hurts. find the floor, find the floor."
after- "holy mother of god my ankle hurts like a mofo! walk it off, walk it off."

and yep, that's about it.

lol

Latest posts

Back