Music What Do You Think Of People Using Covers Instead Of The Originals In Their Cheers?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Do you like when covers are used in the cheer instead of the original songs?

• Total voters
Okay this whole situation is scaring me.
So does this ONLY apply to Varsity comps?
Do the covers have to be made by the cheer music producers or can they be a cover off iTunes? (ex. Pentatonix: Problem)
How will comps know if you used covers?
Also will 100% original mixes be a mandatory option at some comps?

Is this becoming a change because comps have to have permission from the copyright owners to legally play the cheer music at the events?
This change is making me nervous because I dont make my own vocals nor do I have the resources to produce an original song like big companies such as NewlLevelMusic, CheerSounds, ExtremeTraxx .

If this is the case smaller producers will suffer and big cheer music companies will be most peoples only option. I can only imagine how costly this will be for cheer music buyers.

It's not a Varsity rule, it's a USA Cheer one. So it will affect all cheer.

It's becoming a change because you as a music producer don't have the license to mix and edit and then SELL other people's music.

And yes, I'm also expecting that this will increase music costs. Or it will create a new market for people in the cheer industry to start making covers of popular songs for music producers to use.

Last edited:
It's not a Varsity rule, it's a USA Cheer one. So it will affect all cheer.

It's becoming a change because you as a music producer don't have the license to mix and edit and then SELL other people's music.

And yes, I'm also expecting that this will increase music costs. Or it will create a new market for people in the cheer industry to start making covers of popular songs for music producers to use.
Don't you have to have a music license all together to even start that kind of business?

Anytime you mess with intellectual property that is not yours...you should probably get some sort of license. My company along with a few others will have to use covers and original songs to satisfy copyright laws moving forward. Check out this video!

Latest posts

Back