OT What Do You Want To Do As A Career?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I have no clue, and I'm in college. So if anyone in high school is freaking out about what they want to do with their life, don't worry about it. You'll be okay till you're a sophomore in college, and then you just need a general idea.

I am a math major though. So something math related.
I'm kinda with HeresAThought though. I'm going to be leaving the cheer world soon, and it will be sad and a hard goodbye, but I gotta face reality and move on to the real world. Like lets be honest, who can get a cheer coaching job that pays the bills? Unless you're like Jeff Webb, not gonna happen.

I'm an Accounting major and possibly double majoring in Finance. I absolutely love television and movies, but can't act or use a camera to save my life. So my dream job would be working as an accountant for a big tv company like NBC, Warner Bros, ABC, etc.
If that wouldn't work out, I would also like to work for some cheerleading EP.

i haven't really given this as much thought as I probably should, but ideally I would like to be able to be an athletic trainer for a cheer gym, which is something I have been pushing in this industry and have actually discussed with Debbie Love. in fact, I've already been offered a job for when I graduate. no i just need to decide if that
s what i wanna do or go to grad school first.

Do we have any lawyers here? I wanna hear about how they like their job!

I am not a lawyer, however my best friend, our entire group of friends, and my soon to be husband are all lawyers. Let's put it this way-not a lot of nice, smart people need lawyers. I would say they all tolerate their jobs, but none of them enjoy it and love it like they loved law school... It's much harder and less rewarding than anyone ever expected. I would say if my future hubs had a choice and could take a 9-5 office job, he would.

I am not a lawyer, however my best friend, our entire group of friends, and my soon to be husband are all lawyers. Let's put it this way-not a lot of nice, smart people need lawyers. I would say they all tolerate their jobs, but none of them enjoy it and love it like they loved law school... It's much harder and less rewarding than anyone ever expected. I would say if my future hubs had a choice and could take a 9-5 office job, he would.
Oh dang well that's what I have heard! Drop Dead Diva makes it all glamorous but I know most people work hard long hours! For me it's either Biology route then going into Vaccine research development or biology and going into law.

Oh dang well that's what I have heard! Drop Dead Diva makes it all glamorous but I know most people work hard long hours! For me it's either Biology route then going into Vaccine research development or biology and going into law.

Don't go into law! Maybe if some of them hit it big (please oh please let it be my hubby!) the story will change, but until then, I would look elsewhere. Law school has a very, very low rate of job placement and some of the kids we know still haven't found a job. Biology and science will always have a need, and you will have tons of opportunities!

Don't go into law! Maybe if some of them hit it big (please oh please let it be my hubby!) the story will change, but until then, I would look elsewhere. Law school has a very, very low rate of job placement and some of the kids we know still haven't found a job. Biology and science will always have a need, and you will have tons of opportunities!
Well thank you so much for your advice:) and I hope your future hubby has some luck! Thats what I was hoping for biology, since there is always a need for vaccines and research. I don't mind boring, I just know I need a job haha and I love life science! Oh btw, I need to follow you on pinterest so I can see your adorable wedding ideas :D

Oh btw, I need to follow you on pinterest so I can see your adorable wedding ideas :D

Haha! I'm too scared to pin anything I want to use because I don't want everyone I know to be like "psh, already saw THAT on pinterest!" I'm still an avid pinner though... I can't help myself.

I think my ultimate DREAM would be to have my own gym. I almost feel like it'd be unrealistic to try and come right out of college and try to do this myself, though.I would probably major in sports management and minor in business.
Another dream of mine is to go into photography/videography. if that's even it's name,lol. I've just always been drawn to cameras. I love making cool videos and editing photos and things of the sort. I'm not sure what kind of degree I could get, but that would truly be SO fun.
Alongside my cheer filled life, I love to sing. I've been in chorus in school & outside school (as in an audition-to-get-in type chorus where not everyone makes it.) since I was in 1st grade. I think it would be awesome if I could share my passion with students and teach a school chorus class. And that could also mean a cheer coach position opportunity if it's at a high school ;)

Haha! I'm too scared to pin anything I want to use because I don't want everyone I know to be like "psh, already saw THAT on pinterest!" I'm still an avid pinner though... I can't help myself.
You need an annoynmous account!

Back