All-Star What Does Your Gym Do Besides Cheer?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

12stepCheermom

Best Parent and Grammar Teacher '14
Cheer Parent
May 10, 2011
Tried searching for an existing thread and didn't really find one that fit. Since it's summer and we're all bored with no competition, I was wondering - what else do gyms do besides cheer competitively? Any summer traditions? charity causes? service projects? That kind of thing?

We have a few things, we do a summer Tie Dye party, we have an annual summer lake party for the program, we open and close the hometown college baseball league season (the Gastonia Grizzlies) we just started last year with "tumble for Ta-Tas" which is our program's involvement in the Komen Race. We also do a service project at our annual flight show. Last year we did canned food for the second harvest food bank. We have Fun Gym Friday on intermittent Fridays through the year (basically when the schedule permits). What kinds of things does everyone else do?

Here's the video from this year's lake party just the other week:

Here's our first outing as the Tumble for ta Tas team. We raised $1500 for the Race for the Cure, The voiceover is our head coach/owner, This video actually won the Charlotte Komen, best video contest anmost YouTube hits :)

Here's this year's trailer for the Grizzlies home opener (we close their season out tomrorow with them)

And this is a Fun Gym Video that actually opens with my very own CP telling her coac (shooting the video) that she wants to go wrestle her brother. I love that he let her - just means he knows she's fierce. She LOVES this coach because he does all her privates in French and is actually kidnapping her at Thanksgiving to take her over there to visit his family. He speaks 6 languages, throws doubles, and mixes all Aviaotr's tracks...he is the man :)

So what about you bored summer fierceboarders...what do we all do when we're not competing? Post it up!

Back