All-Star What If...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Dec 27, 2009
What if, by some odd chance.. a worlds veteran (Top Gun, Cheer Extreme, Georgie, World Cup, Cheer Athletics. etc, basically any team that is always at worlds) didn't get any bid to worlds? What if, every bid competition they went to they completely bombed? Would you guys be upset, shocked, mad?

I personally would be so upset, even though I have no affiliation with any programs, it would just be so sad to not see one of those veterans there.

I mean I'd be upset because they are kind of expected to get a bid and their routines are always legendary. They are the teams you look forward to watching. I think they'd be missed at Worlds for sure.

i was thinking about that today, like 'what if WC & F5 & CEA dont / didnt get their bids, like what would happen'?

I was literally JUST discussing this with my friend. Some teams only go on Full Paids, and those chances are running out fast...

Exactly! Like... would there be an uproar in the cheer world?! It would just be so crazy for me to not see a well known worlds team at worlds!

I think there would be a lot of upset people all over the boards if certain teams didn't get their bids..

I honestly cant see that ever happening. I mean yes it is possible for them not to get a full paid or even a partial bid but theres always the at large bids. Especially since theres now 34586754 companies that give out bids now.

I'm sure everyone would get so pissed off and take it out on everyone on the boards saying so and so that won the bids over them didn't deserve it. hahah that is just how cheer works...

I'm sure everyone would get so pissed off and take it out on everyone on the boards saying so and so that won the bids over them didn't deserve it. hahah that is just how cheer works...
Hahahaha this just summed it up perfectly!

I honestly cant see that ever happening. I mean yes it is possible for them not to get a full paid or even a partial bid but theres always the at large bids. Especially since theres now 34586754 companies that give out bids now.
I also thought about this, like would a team who usually only takes Full Paid bids, accept and at large bid? Would the coach water their routine down so maybe they would hit that and have a chance to receive a bid?

You could look at it this way; what new teams would move into that top 3, 4, or 5 spot, that could possibly be a contender now that the "usual" favorites aren't there?? It could be huge for some programs if other "usual" programs didn't get a bid??

You could look at it this way; what new teams would move into that top 3, 4, or 5 spot, that could possibly be a contender now that the "usual" favorites aren't there?? It could be huge for some programs if other "usual" programs didn't get a bid??

You make a good point! I never thought of it in that light before!

Back