All-Star What If...

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I always wonder what would happen if such a big named team dropped alot of stunts on prelims and didnt make it in to finals, technically the people sunday wouldnt be competing against the best teams in the world, just because a team has one bad performance doesnt mean they arent world champion worthy.

Technically the teams on Sunday would be competing against the best. If you were a part of the top teams to make to finals then you wouldn't be dropping multiple stunts in prelims putting yourself in the position to not make finals in the first place. Having a big name or being a previous World Champion shouldn't automatically afford you the right to make it to finals. It's a new season and a new title to be won. Each team should earn it like everyone else after all isn't that why it's such a highly respected honor?

Maybe this is harsh, but if you don't get a bid, or don't score high enough to make finals, whether it be because of the routine itself or the performance of that routine, it's because it was not meant to be! It's almost like when people complain "if we had hit we would have won", which I absolutely cannot stand. Just because you are capable/worthy of winning does not mean that you deserved it that weekend. Anyways, while I hope that the most talented teams are able to compete at worlds, I think the element of chance is making cheerleading more exciting! An NFL team doesn't make it to the Superbowl just because they are the reigning champions, they have to fight through playoffs like everyone else, game by game!

I just wonder if some of these "we only go on full paid" gyms would stick to their guns and not send their superstar teams if they didn't get paid.

Happy did not allow Warriors to go in 2005 because they didn't get a paid bid.

I always wonder what would happen if such a big named team dropped alot of stunts on prelims and didnt make it in to finals, technically the people sunday wouldnt be competing against the best teams in the world, just because a team has one bad performance doesnt mean they arent world champion worthy.

If you have a performance so bad it causes you not to make finals than no, you are not world champion worthy.

the last i heard, stingrays orange didnt have a bid yet....

Well if worst comes to worse...I will gladley let their whole team have a super stingray sleepover at my house with an at large bid...nbd

And as far the "small gyms" I dont think it matters if the big dogs are there or not...if you have a solid performance people will give you the recognition you deserve case and point: The Tsu Babies of Maryland Marlins...Tsunami killed it last year at worlds and now people give them the respect they have earned

they are not a top team anymore if they bomb every competition every season, there would be no point for them to go to worlds, because they would bomb and get last again.

Remember there are talented athletes on these teams. Not doing well at Worlds doesn't make take away the fact that they are a top team. Winning worlds makes you the best team THAT WEEKEND.

IMO the uniqeness of Worlds is that is the final act of an entire season worth of preparation, from tryouts, to showcases, bid comps, preparations comps, etc for only the top teams to experience. There is so much that happens in the course of a season that any team can do poorly all year, but from their preparation end up as the Champions or do perfect all year, but have a lapse in concentration or focus that costs them the title.

You can't take away how great they are just because of a trophy.

Also, i'm sure these top teams are smart enough where they would reduce difficulty slightly in order to get their paid bid.

Since you brought up stars, in Dallas they need all of the difficulty. But if you wanna talk about Canam, Stars could take out the 1.5 up and just make it a full up immediate and just a lib to scale... or even just make it a switch up and still take home the paid. The majority of their routine can still outscore everyone there with some of their elements taken away.

And the same goes for F5. and TGioc5. All of these top teams can reduce difficulty and still outscore most people.

Remember there are talented athletes on these teams. Not doing well at Worlds doesn't make take away the fact that they are a top team. Winning worlds makes you the best team THAT WEEKEND.

IMO the uniqeness of Worlds is that is the final act of an entire season worth of preparation, from tryouts, to showcases, bid comps, preparations comps, etc for only the top teams to experience. There is so much that happens in the course of a season that any team can do poorly all year, but from their preparation end up as the Champions or do perfect all year, but have a lapse in concentration or focus that costs them the title.

You can't take away how great they are just because of a trophy.
in a perfect world people would think that, sorry we are not in one.

Back