What Is Everyone Missing About Allstar Cheerleading During This Time?

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Thinkpositivethoughts, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Thinkpositivethoughts

Thinkpositivethoughts Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I honestly just miss being with my teammates who became my second family, as well as my coaches who became like my parents. Yes, the wins are a plus but the people I have met and gotten close with over this season are who I miss the most.

2. dat.jpp

dat.jpp Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Being around my teammates and competing on the mat just one last time.

3. cachoi

cachoi Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Coach
    Missed out on competing one last time at One Up and saying goodbye to all my kids and the gym I coached at for 3 seasons before I had to move down to Florida :(

4. Thinkpositivethoughts

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    You will love it in Florida! Minus the crazy bipolar weather we have, it is such a fun and beautiful state!

• Shimmy Shimmy x 1
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. emo_wifey

emo_wifey Best Flyer.. on a parent team

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Missing CP's first big travel competition, we were going to be at One Up also @cachoi. As a parent missing watching her progress at the gym and cheer mom friends.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

6. DonnaM

DonnaM I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Being out of the house. I'm serious. I would give just about anything to be at the gym every night this week just because it's NOT HOME!!!

7. Thinkpositivethoughts

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    I can definitely agree on that. I’m sick of being in the house. Yea, I’m quarantined in Miami Beach, but I still can’t do anything. All I would like to do at this point is just be out on the beach enjoying this beautiful weather. Heck I wouldn’t even mind do about 10 full outs at this point.

8. Atxmom

Atxmom They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    My daughter misses the gym a lot. Her team and coaches. She’s had two of her coaches for the last 3 seasons. After NCA (they had disappointing outcome) their season was pretty much over, just skills practices left over. At her last practice before spring break she was very emotional because she will not be able to have both her coaches again due to age and level. She also cried the entire ride home. I told her she still has 2 more months with them.

Then all this happened and so she’s not getting that extra time with them

9. LabbyGirlMOM

LabbyGirlMOM When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    JodiEnloe
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I miss seeing my girl compete and seeing her with her only friends. For myself I miss seeing the coaches and my mom friends. We have been at our gym 10 years and this is the longest me or her have been without being at our gym.

10. Jenniferg482

Jenniferg482 They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I am sad - my daughters team had just started to hit hit their stride after a rough Season start. Our last Comp was amazing they hit both days took home a 1st place and were excited for upgrades to finish out the last few comps. I am glad they went out kn a high not but sad about what could have been. Looking forward to 2020-2021!

11. GreenBean

GreenBean I'm new. Don't Hurt Me

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I personally miss nothing. Cheer doesn’t really affect my life except financially and through transportation.

My daughter misses seeing her friends but doesn’t really miss the actual activities. I’ve been trying to talk her out of cheering next year due to her academic load (junior year in USA can be a bear). She always shook me off but now she says maybe. I think having this break has allowed other aspects of her life to grow in importance. She has always been an athlete but her view of herself is changing a bit.

12. Rhea

Rhea Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    We only got one competition this year and it didn't go the way we wanted. We got one last practice in the uncertainty and then done with no end in sight.
    I miss everyone and putting up stunts, along with everything else, and just going between home and work is difficult.
    Cheer gave an escape, and traoining/fitness alone doesn't quite cut it.

13. DonnaM

DonnaM I named my pet Sir Fierce-a-lot

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Our parent team is going to have an online practice. Usually we start practicing seriously once the main season is over (and the coaches aren't doing school teams right then, tiny and mini (and teams without bids are done) and perform for the Summit send-off. This year, I guess we won't ever perform.

14. LittleMissA17

LittleMissA17 When all else fails.... I shimmy

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    I was really looking forward to worlds weekend which is always a fun time on this board. I also feel bad for the seniors on the worlds teams who would be having their last worlds or heck anyone having a last performance on a team.

15. KPep

KPep Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Industry Professional
    My job. I really miss my job.

And Worlds. For me it is a very welcomed vacation for my brain.