All-Star What Is Happening To Our Sport?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I think that maybe she can bring a lot of positives to the all star community... giving athletes and their parents (who feed most of their kids crap) a wealth of knowledge of the importance of things like nutrition and possibly conditioning is amazing. I applaud her for pursuing a dream of hers and look forward to seeing how she impacts the community.

as well as more dollars to her wallet. seems like she is hoping to find a new market to make money off of now that judging tv talent shows has fallen apart

The article said Paula talked with coaches/visited gyms. Would love to know who she spoke with?

is this a purely allstar competition? i would assume so, but you never know. this should be interesting... :/

as well as more dollars to her wallet. seems like she is hoping to find a new market to make money off of now that judging tv talent shows has fallen apart

However if you as a parent can possibly pay the same amount of money and go to one of her competitions and get more out of it, I wouldnt be complaining as a parent to give her my money. It's either her or Varsity so take your pick, I may pick her!

Not going to lie, these dates are AWFUL.

• Providence, RI at Rhode Island Convention Center January 3 - 5, 2014
  • North Charleston, SC at Charleston Area Convention Center February 28 - March 2, 2014
  • Shreveport, LA at Shreveport Convention Center March 21 - 23, 2014

I really don't see anyone going to the Providence event since it is too close after the holidays and most area teams are busy gearing up for big bid events which obviously hold a higher priority.
North Charleston is the same weekend as NCA.

So the Louisiana one is basically the only event that might do a little business.

Not going to lie, these dates are AWFUL.

• Providence, RI at Rhode Island Convention Center January 3 - 5, 2014
  • North Charleston, SC at Charleston Area Convention Center February 28 - March 2, 2014
  • Shreveport, LA at Shreveport Convention Center March 21 - 23, 2014
I really don't see anyone going to the Providence event since it is too close after the holidays and most area teams are busy gearing up for big bid events which obviously hold a higher priority.
North Charleston is the same weekend as NCA.

So the Louisiana one is basically the only event that might do a little business.

Competitions in Charleston have never really done well. I have been told that Coastal competitions do not normally do well as the target area for these regional competition is a 200 mile radius from the location and in this case 1/2 of that area is in the Atlantic Ocean. Not sure if that is true, but it makes sense to me. Depending on what type of gym she is seeking to attract the NCA conflict shouldn't impact too much. I think Rockstar and ACX are the only gyms in SC that attend NCA and ACX only takes a couple of teams. Georgia and North Carolina have a large number of gyms that do not attend. My biggest concern is that it really is late in the game to be marketing something like this. Many if not most gyms have already made their competition schedules. However, if Paula Abdul herself is actually contacting these gym owners - which it appears is the case - it might be likely to see some changes in those schedules. I'm thinking since our gym owner has already spoken to her that a change might be coming.

Competitions in Charleston have never really done well. I have been told that Coastal competitions do not normally do well as the target area for these regional competition is a 200 mile radius from the location and in this case 1/2 of that area is in the Atlantic Ocean. Not sure if that is true, but it makes sense to me. Depending on what type of gym she is seeking to attract the NCA conflict shouldn't impact too much. I think Rockstar and ACX are the only gyms in SC that attend NCA and ACX only takes a couple of teams. Georgia and North Carolina have a large number of gyms that do not attend. My biggest concern is that it really is late in the game to be marketing something like this. Many if not most gyms have already made their competition schedules. However, if Paula Abdul herself is actually contacting these gym owners - which it appears is the case - it might be likely to see some changes in those schedules. I'm thinking since our gym owner has already spoken to her that a change might be coming.

I could potentially see ACX sending their non-NCA teams. They usually only send 3 or 4 teams anyway of the 15+ they have from both gyms. Especially if Randy has been in talks with her. Would be good to get a local for the Charleston gym instead of having them drive up to Columbia all the time.

I could potentially see ACX sending their non-NCA teams. They usually only send 3 or 4 teams anyway of the 15+ they have from both gyms. Especially if Randy has been in talks with her. Would be good to get a local for the Charleston gym instead of having them drive up to Columbia all the time.

I was curious if CEA might do the same for the same reasons.

Back