All-Star What Is So Big About The Dallas Competition ?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Jul 29, 2014
I know two day competitions are usually big deal in cheerleading. However, I never understood why Dallas was so big. Even when I was cheering, everyone including the coach always made a big deal about that competition.

To me, any competition is important to do well at if you want your gym to be a respected one, it's also important to do well at or else you're really just wasting your time at competitions if you're going to loose at each one. Dallas shouldn't be any different. Is it because of the whole bid thing or what ? I really never understood this.

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

Really? NCA All-Star in Dallas is like just "it"... NCA is a large organization, it's a premier competition, even when I was in High school way to long ago before all-star was big everyone knew of NCA in Dallas... It's unexplainable, it just IS.

I just never understood why Dallas. I know NCA is a big organization. Some gyms treats this competition as if it was worlds. Including non-level five teams.

Before Worlds existed, NCA was Worlds. It was the best of the best and winning meant something. Now, with Worlds, it's no longer the be all end all, BUT it's still when most of the World competitors all compete against each other for the first time. Getting that jacket is a BIG deal. It has always been the most prestigious National because it is so hard to win.

Before Worlds existed, NCA was Worlds. It was the best of the best and winning meant something. Now, with Worlds, it's no longer the be all end all, BUT it's still when most of the World competitors all compete against each other for the first time. Getting that jacket is a BIG deal. It has always been the most prestigious National because it is so hard to win.
Especially back in the day, when allstar had only two divisions. @Fierce_Elite go to YouTube and look up On the Inside: Cheerleading. It's an old documentary about all star cheer.

NCA has been, and I'm guessing, always will be a big deal. It's an event where not only level 5 is showing what they got against other big level 5 teams across the country ..every other level is doing the same. It's not just east coast or west coast teams it's literally the best in each division as a whole which is why each div is so big. I started all star almost 16 years ago and back then if you won NCA you were the best of the best and it is still like that. Of course every competition is important. However, for a lot of teams that don't go to worlds that is what you are working towards the majority of the season. After our last comp before NCA Dallas my team busted our behinds having joint practices with Reign and F5 and almost literally lived in the gym so we could have a chance to win that jacket.

I know two day competitions are usually big deal in cheerleading. However, I never understood why Dallas was so big. Even when I was cheering, everyone including the coach always made a big deal about that competition.

To me, any competition is important to do well at if you want your gym to be a respected one, it's also important to do well at or else you're really just wasting your time at competitions if you're going to loose at each one. Dallas shouldn't be any different. Is it because of the whole bid thing or what ? I really never understood this.

You say you went to CEA. Did you not go to NCA?

I can't imagine anyone who has gone who wouldn't agree on some aspects of what NCA means to them. What is your opinion of the experience?

You say you went to CEA. Did you not go to NCA?

I can't imagine anyone who has gone who wouldn't agree on some aspects of what NCA means to them. What is your opinion of the experience?

Did I ever say anything about disagreeing or agreeing? No. I just don't and will never understand why this competition stands out from the rest. It's a grate competition to me. Just never understood why it's so big. Regardless of it being an NCA event. :)

Latest posts

Back